Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Why does my listing only show Quantity 1?

Default Why does my listing only show Quantity 1?

Is this another glitch?
    I've just listed some woolly hats. I have 3 of the same, so I listed them accordingly, but it only shows up a quantity: 1.
    Has this happened to anybody else?
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I'm very busy atm and didn't have time to read through all the thread.
    Many thanks for a quick reply.
    Luna

Please visit my eBid Stores

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

As far as I know auctions with quantities of more than one should be listed as dutch auctions. Unfortunately I don't know how to do this as I have never done one.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Hi, yes a multiple auction (more than 1) will be a dutch auction. Unfortunately, the only way you can come out of your "1" quantity is to close the listing and edit it before reposting. This is the same if you have a multiple auction and reduce it to 1 - you have to close it first.

Many thanks, that's done the trick. Have no idea why it's so complicated though as you can edit everything else if you've made a mistake. Strange!
    Last edited by LunabuAllsorts; 15th November 2008 at 05:42 PM.
    Luna

Please visit my eBid Stores

its something to do with because you are changing the format of the auction. You can edit a title and things like that without closing it, but multiples to 1 and 1 to multiple quantities changes the listing and has to be closed to edit.
    Only reason Im so up on it, cos the same thing happened to me when I first started and forgot to change the quantities in my bulk upload!! Took forever to sort that out!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by phanmale View Post
    its something to do with because you are changing the format of the auction. You can edit a title and things like that without closing it, but multiples to 1 and 1 to multiple quantities changes the listing and has to be closed to edit.
    Only reason Im so up on it, cos the same thing happened to me when I first started and forgot to change the quantities in my bulk upload!! Took forever to sort that out!! LOL
    Thank you phanmale, your explanation also helped me find out why our Tudor Rose Chime wouldn't let me change it's inventory from 2 to 1, no warning or anything, just took the entry but didn't change the quantity. Seems dangerous to let you think you've changed the count when you haven't. I'm surprised there aren't more problems and solutions posted in the forum, or am I just missing out on them?

Bird Feeders, Hummingbird Feeders, Tuned Wind Chimes, Bird Houses and much more for your outdoor living!

Wizards Whimsy
    Fine collectible fantasy knives & fantasy swords from master artists like Kit Rae,Gil Hibben, Tom Anderson and Lord Of The Rings replicas from United Cutlery.

Faerys Whimsy
    Fantasy Art Prints & Tiles, Handcrafted Sterling Silver Fantasy Jewelry, Magickal Giftware & Mythical, Mystical Treasures

Quote Originally Posted by CreekTreeUSA View Post
    Thank you phanmale, your explanation also helped me find out why our Tudor Rose Chime wouldn't let me change it's inventory from 2 to 1, no warning or anything, just took the entry but didn't change the quantity. Seems dangerous to let you think you've changed the count when you haven't. I'm surprised there aren't more problems and solutions posted in the forum, or am I just missing out on them?
    Hi CreekTree,
    Im pleased to hear that I could help, it is a bit frustrating that its not "in your face" although I think it *may* be (not sure) explained in the help files.

The users of the forums are very helpful and generally answer all questions and queries - anything else gets directed to eBid support.

If you do a search (toolbar at the top of the forum) you can try and find an answer either in threads or individual posts, and if you cant find your query, then just post and someone usually comes along to answer - just remember to check back every so often, but dont be too impatient!!

I only started in August and the forums have been of great help - what you will find is that as you learn, you will be quick to answer problems yourself - noone knows everything, but between us all, we more often than not find a solution

Good luck in your new venture and may all your sales be big ones!

Thread Information