Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to find free wi-fi

Quote Originally Posted by fossy7 View Post
    Dont use a laptop and dont use wi fi. I much prefer to use a hard wired connection. I cannot ubderstand why people have to take their mobile phones with them everywhere, let alone their laptops.

Can they not have a life without them. When I'm on holiday I use a locals laptop to check on emails, but if one is not available then it does not worry me.

We are getting too dependent on our electronic communication devices and think life will be over if we do not switch on everyday no matter where we are. Sometimes I curse the internet and mobile phones.

Hello Fossy and Jean. Well that wouldn't work for me. My dream is to be able to one day park my motorhome on the beach and watch the dolphins play and work online at the same time.

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by canuckbid View Post
    Hello Fossy and Jean. Well that wouldn't work for me. My dream is to be able to one day park my motorhome on the beach and watch the dolphins play and work online at the same time.
    evening Canuckbid..

ahhh Park on a beach..now that sounds like a slice of heaven...but, i confess...i like my holidays to be "away from the norm"..its ok to check my mail...i have never took a mobile on holiday with me..sheesh..the kids would be able to get a hold of me..unthinkable..

Quote Originally Posted by ejean9 View Post
    evening Canuckbid..

ahhh Park on a beach..now that sounds like a slice of heaven...but, i confess...i like my holidays to be "away from the norm"..its ok to check my mail...i have never took a mobile on holiday with me..sheesh..the kids would be able to get a hold of me..unthinkable..
    I wasn't talking holiday Jean. I meant lifestyle. Life is short and if you can live your dreams the better I think. Technolgy has evolved where some people are already doing it. I like technolgy and nature. What can I say? I've lost both a sister in law and brother inlaw that were in their early forties. It made me look at life alot differently that what I used to think. I was guilty of being a workaholic.

Quote Originally Posted by photopheline34 View Post
    Our local macdonalds does it. I think its a very good idea to offer free internet as it will draw in customers. I think most people wouldnt have the 'nerve' to sit in a car park and hook in (I wouldn't as I would feel guilty doing it ) so most people would go in and order coffee or something to eat.

.... and yes, people with rv's who have a choice of free internet at one park, or nothing at the other........... are going to choose the free internet park. Great idea!
    McDonald's in Ireland charge for it now. If you're inside McDonald's you can apparently ask for the code, but if you sit in your vehicle outside, no chance. You have to sign up and pay for it
    Luna

Please visit my eBid Stores

Quote Originally Posted by fossy7 View Post
    Dont use a laptop and dont use wi fi. I much prefer to use a hard wired connection. I cannot ubderstand why people have to take their mobile phones with them everywhere, let alone their laptops.

Can they not have a life without them. When I'm on holiday I use a locals laptop to check on emails, but if one is not available then it does not worry me.

We are getting too dependent on our electronic communication devices and think life will be over if we do not switch on everyday no matter where we are. Sometimes I curse the internet and mobile phones.
    Fossy, I partially agree with you, but only partially.
    Our lives have changed since the advent of PCs and mobile phones and I think we have to embrace the new technologies. It obviously depends on your personal circumstances, but if you get a lot of emails or run any kind of online business, you have to be available to deal with it.
    Unless, of course, you let your customers etc. know that you're away on holidays and that you don't want to be disturbed.
    I would still want to check on my mails though, just in case, and keep my mobile switched on and nearby, as it could be some kind of an emergency.
    Luna

Please visit my eBid Stores

Just another "BUMP" in the road of an auction site.
    Hope everyone had a good Halloween.

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by canuckbid View Post
    I wasn't talking holiday Jean. I meant lifestyle. Life is short and if you can live your dreams the better I think. Technolgy has evolved where some people are already doing it. I like technolgy and nature. What can I say? I've lost both a sister in law and brother inlaw that were in their early forties. It made me look at life alot differently that what I used to think. I was guilty of being a workaholic.
    Sounds great...maybe one day ill buy a motor home and travel...some place warm...with wifi ...but you are right..life IS too short...so live the dream..

Thread Information