Thread: Kids...what would you do?

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+518)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Kids...what would you do?

Short synopsis.

Doing research...found the same as I was selling - don't we all...no problem. But....decide to check out the store...hover over store icon and click...only to be confronted with adult 'toys'.

Now, don't get me wrong...no way on this earth am I a prude (past history ) but...if kids were searching for presents...eg money boxes for brothers/sisters, household items for mum/dad and they clicked on this store...would you, as a parent be concerned? (I don't have kids but I am concerned with kids using the internet).

I've contacted Ebid on one listing which was deleted but it happens on all of this sellers listings (I only research on items I sell).

This has bugged me for 24 hours but am I being a senile old lady to be so concerned? I've nothing against adult items being sold but it does bother me if kids happen to find adult listings when searching for a present for their mum/dad/brother/sister/aunt/uncle/niece/nephew etc.

Am I being over-reactive?
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PGPicks View Post
    Am I being over-reactive?
    Nope........adult stuff should be in the adult category

Try sending an email FAO. Gazza / Mark info@ebid.tv

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

View playtowin's Feedback (+704)
    All-About playtowin
    View playtowin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Whether similar items to my own or not- to have them misrepresented to appear in a search result- especially when looking for kids stuff is wrong and should be rported and stopped.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+518)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by playtowin View Post
    Whether similar items to my own or not- to have them misrepresented to appear in a search result- especially when looking for kids stuff is wrong and should be rported and stopped.
    They appear in search results as normal items. It's not until you hover over/click the store icon that the problem starts.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Yeah they should be contained within the Everything Else->Adult .. I would think a store would not show this stuff - The category itself requires login, verification, and agreement to terms.. but I am not so sure about stores. I would think that items listed in Adult category can NOT be displayed in stores... if they are, then I'd call it a bug
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

I believe what OP is saying is she found the item that isn't adult and checked it out. Decided to see other items for sale, and the same block ins't in for their adult items. You get around answering the "over 18" question if you just "view other items for sale". I've noticed this myself. You look at the persons regular stuff and they also sell in the "adult" section. When you click their store or other items for sale, it shows everything, even the adult stuff. Not the sellers fault. Should be a block in place like when browsing.

Not that I've been browsing the adult items mind you.
    Stop by and browse around. New items added to all stores almost daily.

OK I was afraid of that...
    Was thinking of opening an adult shop but don't want "toys" showing up along side bike shop stuff... for that matter dont want the Adult shop listed in my list of "Other stores"

Some one who wants that stuff will seek it out
    Sandi

Check out our General Store

Hubby's Bike shop

View playtowin's Feedback (+704)
    All-About playtowin
    View playtowin's Listings
    Forum Posts

but on them grounds- wouldnt you be permitted to have a second id

I've never looked in the adult section.

If I viewed a sellers others items and saw an adult toy, it would not worry me at all.

If my daughter at whatever age she was, saw an adult toy, it would not worry me too much, I would tell her what it was if she asked. I believe its better to tell them the truth so they know the facts.

This generation have been brought up with nudity and swearing on TV, with pc games so graphic they look quite real, etc, that I am sure they wouldn't be affected by seeing an adult toy.

I've always been open with my daughter, and she is very balanced.

I believe that its better to be open about these type of things than to hide it. If you hide things or don't explain what things are, it just makes a child want to know more about it.

My opinion of course....

Just what I need

Omnia Probate Optima Tenete

Music changed to The Script

Thread Information