eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New and need some advice please!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unless your own site uses a spreadsheet or database that coincidentally matches the upload format for ebid (chances seem slim!) I fear you're looking at a copy and paste job.

Hi

Yes I thought that will be the way, copy & paste, but how do I do that too?
    Sorry for being so thick!!!!!!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

That's a wee bit of a "how long is a piece of string" question, but I'll try to give some pointers.

You have have two places you can paste into - either the bulk upload spreadsheet, or the listing web page.

If you use the spreadsheet, I'd suggest building one "perfect" listing by the normal web page "sell" options, tweaking it until it's a good template for everything else, then use the "export" option to save your listing to the spreadsheet so you can see exactly what goes where. Then paste in from your own site or spreadsheet or database (I've no way of know which of those!) into the appropriate fields (description, shipping cost etc).

If you don't like the spreadsheet, or prefer to work with the web form, you'll need to set up your default values first (where you ship to etc) in the "my defaults) area. Then create a new listing using "sell", populate the basics using defaults, and then copy in the variable stuff from your own source, as above.

There's a lot of stuff packed in those two short paragraphs, so I suggest you have an explore about "my ebid" looking at the bulk uploader and defaults, before you take it any further. Once you've had a play and got some idea of what's involved, you'll probably have more specific questions.

I managed to copy some of the pix from my site and then just do short descriptions of them and list, there are a few up now, i hope people will like them!!

Oh, thanks alot for that, I didn't know about the run forever staying at bottom of pages, thanks, will change that later.

Thanks for all the tips, appreciate that alot

Talking

I've changed them with pics now, hope those pics will make all the difference!!

Thanks, glad you like them!!

Thanks again for the advice

Thread Information