Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Auctions Timings

Question Auctions Timings

Hi Peeps, I'm back again!

Now I have actually sold something, and have had items reposted automatically I have a slightly better understanding of how eBid works. So very different to the 'dark side', that it must be good.

I used turbo-lister on the 'dark side'; listed all the week, checked everything and then pressed the button on a Thursday evening at 9 for a finish at 9pm on the Sunday 10 days later.

I don't see that the bulk lister on eBid will serve my purpose. I add a fair bit of detail for my books, which take about 15 minutes each to list, on a good day, with a fair wind.

Please help me! I thought I was being 'so clever' when I listed, by working out my times so that everything ended at the same time. Now I realise this means that with every automatic relisting everything goes seriously haywire.

It has worked for me on the 'dark side' to end an auction when people were up and about; so I ended mine when possible on an English Sunday evening, before my German customers were in bed, after the Californian's customer's brunch and the Australian customers were already out of bed on a Monday morning. I have had a few good auction 'runs', which bring back memories of the 'real' thing in my 'bricks and mortar' days. So I would quite like to keep the real auction spirit going, even if it only happens with one out of 20 items. It works! It's fun! It's profitable! But the dark forces have half-priced me out of existence now, and from January 23 they will insist I lose money on postage on nearly every book I sell, or I lie and pretend all my large books are collectors items - so much for the integrity of the 'dark side'. So here I am at eBid, intending to be totally free of the 'dark side' soon.

When I look at other people's auctions on eBid I see some people have them ending simultaneously, and some are like mine, all 'higgledy-piggledy.

Perhaps I am barking up the wrong tree, maybe eBid is not primarily an auction, but chiefly a shop site; that is fine by me, I can simply list and leave for a sale to happen in the fulness of time. I am now retired, just selling my family heirlooms; not before time I here someone say, so maybe I should stop pushing and write my memoirs! LOL!

Anyway, whilst I'm still here; any comments or advice about the relationship of auction and BIN prices? I'm far more used to auctions and BIN with offers and % discounts, which is the way of the 'dark side' and the way I have worked all my life; so you nice people will need to teach me the civilised way of trading.

Please! Good people! Your suggestions are requested about these matters, and anything else that will assist me in my task of selling some 10,000 old books. Who just said, 'Rather you than me?'

Thanks a million, Steven

Press and check me out?

Spreading the times of your listings gives more chance they will be seen by a wider audience, people are here at different times. Just make sure you have something in the descriptions like "Check out my other bargains" with a suitable link of course.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

I concur about spreading out the ending times. Once upon a time in the distant past on eBoy, I would occasionally want to buy two or more items from one seller and I was glad, since there were snipers about, that the items did NOT end at the same instant.

Haven't seen too many sniping wars here but it could happen. By the way, approximately 95% of what I've sold here on eBid has gone as Buy It Now or a single bid placed early and not outbid by a second bidder.

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Also, adding the BINs as you have on your books, makes an end time rather meaningless, so those can be listed to end at anytime really. If you are going to continue selling worldwide, spreading out your auction end times will have you seen quite well (as others have said), but will also make any relists easier! One of the more common settings here is to have your auctions end in 8-10 days and 1-8 hours with 10 relists; that gives all your auctions a top spot everywhere!

I have mine ending all different times. I feel much more relaxed as to when I start and end an auction here. Also, most of mine include BIN on here because there isn't an extra cost like over there. I still use the turbo lister then just cut and paste on here so I can keep track of what I am doing and I can work on bits and pieces of an auction then put it all together when I am ready.
    Stop by and browse around. New items added to all stores almost daily.

Thread Information