Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Santa 2008

Default Secret Santa 2008

I had a break from this last year, but am going to it again this year, so if anyone wants to join in, here's how it works. I know it seems early but, given the time taken to organise it and for people to "do their thing" I will get the ball rolling now.

SS works like this. I collect in names of all the people that want to join in. In November sometime, I will put all names into a hat (yes, I really do this) and allot one person someone to send a gift to.

You send that gift to the person you have been allotted without a name, just a note or card saying "from your Secret Santa". In return you will receive something from your Santa.

I usually give a deadline to send gifts out, bearing in mind the postage times later in the year.

The usual rules are:

EDIT: Minimum spend £5

There is no maximum - you can be as generous as you like to your Santee.

Once you have joined, you MUST send a gift - it wouldn't be fair for someone not to receive something as they would have sent something.

There will be a deadline to send your items in order for people to receive in time for Christmas.

Any questions, please ask.

For now, if you want to be added to the list, then please PM me - I'll add you to the list.

Oh, and one thing - for me to be able to join in, someone really needs to volunteer to be my Santa, as I will obviously know who they are!

Karen x
    Last edited by razamakaz; 26th October 2008 at 03:45 PM.
    For personalised pop art, visit my shop: http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Happy-Brushstrokes

I forgot to add, if you particularly don't want anything (ie. edibles, toiletries), or someone you really don't want to be paired with, add that to the PM.

I also need your home address to give to your Santa.
    For personalised pop art, visit my shop: http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Happy-Brushstrokes

Bump

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

I will be your secret Santa Karen.

Hi Karen, Can the people in the US be included to?

thanks
    Amy

Hi - yes, we normally include overseas people, I just ask anyone joining to let me know if they are not prepared to post overseas so I can match them with someone who is in the UK, so join away.

Thanks klj - as long as you don't mind, I'll accept your offer.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's too pricey for me but I hope you all have a fabulous time. Do those of us who can't afford to join in get to enjoy a vicarious thrill by seeing the presents described when received, or does it stay secret?

bykimbo: if you want the price reduced, I can do that - up to you. £10 was decided a few years back and we have stuck to it.

We usually do a "received" thread when people can say what they have and have a guess who they think their Santa is. Towards Christmas I usually do a reveal thread, so it's not secret at the end.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razamakaz View Post
    bykimbo: if you want the price reduced, I can do that - up to you. £10 was decided a few years back and we have stuck to it.

We usually do a "received" thread when people can say what they have and have a guess who they think their Santa is. Towards Christmas I usually do a reveal thread, so it's not secret at the end.
    It doesn't seem right I should dictate to everybody else what they should spend, just because I'm strapped! Ha, so much for my plans for world domination! So don't change it just on my say so. But for the record, my thoughts are...

If it was a fiver, I would join in, but if it stays at a tenner that's fine and I'll enjoy watching from the sidelines. Perhaps given the current financial situation other people might want to voice an opinion on the price?

Previous SSs I've seen have had a minimum and a maximum, so nobody's embarrassed by getting a gift worth lots more than they spent... dunno if that's an issue here?

But as I say, I really don't want you thinking you need to change it just because one "new this year" type has offered an opinion! Whether you change it or not - well done you for taking it on, it's a lot of work and I'm sure it's appreciated.

I am open to suggestions from others - it's the fun element, not the cost, that matters.

Thread Information