My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: rogue fraud buyer ebay on news

Default rogue fraud buyer ebay on news

rogue fraud buyer eb** on news tonight some rogue buyer conned a seller on the other auction site useing paypal
    I think the seller has moved on to here never to use the other side again
    Al

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Why do you think they have moved here

Forum Newbie
    View placeabidnow's Feedback (+4)
    All-About placeabidnow
    View placeabidnow's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think you maybe right, there is a seller on here whom has a tricky background, I have brought a item from them but I have asked to collect it instead of paying via bank to bank, they suggest they are a company from ebay , whom I have checked and the company in question have replied that they have heard and had issues with complaints that nothing to do with them from ebid, plus the mobile number I got is well lets say hard to get hold of them, the address is well there but not too sure if its what they say it is.. If interested look at my ebid name and look at the person I gave neg feedback to for a TV and check out what I am saying, beware

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sunny, I think the Op is saying that the buyer was the rogue, and if the seller moved here it was probably because the other side doesn'n't care enough to interfere in his or her defence and they have had enough.....well that's how it came across to me
    Last edited by minx41; 9th October 2008 at 06:49 PM.
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

Quote Originally Posted by placeabidnow View Post
    I think you maybe right, there is a seller on here whom has a tricky background, I have brought a item from them but I have asked to collect it instead of paying via bank to bank, they suggest they are a company from ebay , whom I have checked and the company in question have replied that they have heard and had issues with complaints that nothing to do with them from ebid, plus the mobile number I got is well lets say hard to get hold of them, the address is well there but not too sure if its what they say it is.. If interested look at my ebid name and look at the person I gave neg feedback to for a TV and check out what I am saying, beware
    Al was talking about a rogue buyer, not a seller.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by minx41 View Post
    Sunny, I think the Op is saying that the buyer was the rogue, and if the seller moved here it was probably because the other side doesn'n't care enough to interfere in his or her defence and they have had enough.....well that's how it came across to me
    But what would they gain in that respect by moving here? eBid does not pretend to be anything more than a venue to bring buyer and seller together. Any dispute is between that buyer and seller. The most eBid will involve themselves is to prevent the rogue from practising their art on other unfortunates by removing their power to buy/sell on the site. Gazza and Mark aren't going to go round and shake the miscreant until the money falls out.

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    But what would they gain in that respect by moving here? eBid does not pretend to be anything more than a venue to bring buyer and seller together. Any dispute is between that buyer and seller. The most eBid will involve themselves is to prevent the rogue from practising their art on other unfortunates by removing their power to buy/sell on the site. Gazza and Mark aren't going to go round and shake the miscreant until the money falls out.

that made me laugh..

Seems to me the problem lies with Paypal (No surprises there)

Cool

In defense of the farside they actually turned my seller switch back on. I'm taking the advice of people smarter than myself and sell on more than one site. I cann't sit on my software forever. The game market moves fast and the price drops every month. I have more software than I have listed here. Not reopening my store but listing some items to move them. The internet is full of rogues and scammers. I've been scammed myself when I bought outside of my normal online payment processor PP

http://ca.ebid.net/stores/UBUYWAREHOUSE
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

oh right - just re-read the opening post

Thread Information