eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new from greedbay, need help

Forum Newbie
    All-About dehartauto
    View dehartauto's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default new from greedbay, need help

Hi all! I need help with becoming a seller. I was a power seller on greedbay and when they just doubled fix priced FV fee's today that was it.
    How do I sell here? What do the seller+1, +7, +30, lifetime things mean?
    There was also a seller free button and it still wanted credit card info.
    This is all very different here. Is the traffic here good, I'm sure its not like greedbay, but is it ok?
    any suggestions would be great.
    -russ

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dehartauto View Post
    Hi all! I need help with becoming a seller. I was a power seller on greedbay and when they just doubled fix priced FV fee's today that was it.
    How do I sell here? What do the seller+1, +7, +30, lifetime things mean?
    There was also a seller free button and it still wanted credit card info.
    This is all very different here. Is the traffic here good, I'm sure its not like greedbay, but is it ok?
    any suggestions would be great.
    -russ
    Hi and a warm welcome to eBid. Most of your queries can be answered by clicking on the Help tab above. If they aren't then come back and ask again.

Traffic? No the site does not have the traffic of eB@y but is growing day on day. You are right in that it is not like eB@y - it is a breath of fresh air after that place. That's why many of us are here. There are some 'old codgers' that have been with eBid from its earliest days but there are a lot of new refugees from eB@y that have been afforded shelter and a warm welcome. The whole feel of the place is friendlier and more easy going.

Hi, Welcome to eBid.

I am also a PS (but not for much longer) I am moving my business over here.

I find its easy to use, friendly and alot cheaper but you do have to put the work in to let people know where you are.

The seller + things are how long you want to sell for. If you are serious about moving your business then the lifetime seller account is great. A one off payment and you can create stores and list as much as you want for FREE, or the equivalent of a gallery listing for only 2% final value fee.

Get yourself up and running and tell everyone where you are and buy a few items to get rid of the zero feedback.

Just ask as if you get stuck someone here will be able to help.

Good luck
    My First Thomas trains and books are available in my store. Please take a look

View jazzguyuk1's Feedback (+5488)
    All-About jazzguyuk1
    View jazzguyuk1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi..and welcome..

i would go for the seller + prog and if you want more stores you get them for FREE..

if youre stuck on anything like i have been and loads have helped to get me up and running..

just leave a question in the foruns and im sure someone will help you..

good luck

Nigel

Welcome aboard! I suggest you do what we did. Pay the one-time life-time fee to become a seller+ and open as many stores as you need (up to five). No more charges until you sell something, unless you want extras in your listings --- and those charges are all lower than on GreedBay.

We still have all our cameras and camera accessories on GreedBay. Sales have dropped to almost nothing. Only six sales there last month, four were to overseas buyers. I think the recession is affecting both sites. I'm willing to stick it out here as long as it takes, at least it isn't costing us $80 a month!

We're all doing what we can to promote eBid, and buyers are starting to find us. We also usually get higher rankings than GreedBay does on Google searches, so that's going to help too.

Forum Newbie
    View GourleyCoins's Feedback (+8)
    All-About GourleyCoins
    View GourleyCoins's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy eBay. Who needs it?

I use to be a seller on ebay, but things change. Now, I am watching there stocks as they slowly drop form $40.00 to $30.00 and now as low as $21.00.

Now, I sell here, but I only have 2 feedbacks and no buyers. I have some very nice coins to sell, but that will do me no good without customers.

How do I start over if no one wants to buy from someone with 2/2 positive feedback?

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GourleyCoins View Post
    How do I start over if no one wants to buy from someone with 2/2 positive feedback?

If you feel that it is feedback that is your problem then you could look at Repatoo.com to display your aggregate feedback to any other sites you have listed on.

Have a look at:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/astral....icks.htm#a0006

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/astral....icks.htm#a0020

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GourleyCoins View Post
    I use to be a seller on ebay, but things change. Now, I am watching there stocks as they slowly drop form $40.00 to $30.00 and now as low as $21.00.

Now, I sell here, but I only have 2 feedbacks and no buyers. I have some very nice coins to sell, but that will do me no good without customers.

hi gourley coins
    you could try buying [shock horror] that will get your FB rolling ive been here a tad under 6 months sold 3 items all to zero rated newbies 2 of them items this week [ fb not showing yet] so things are picking up, ive not checked your store or your me page , i think a good banner, and telling folk abit about your self and your wares helps, and stick at it! things are in flux at the mo with the upheaves on sickbay Sid
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

So far, I've only had four sales here, and they were coins (we list a LOT of other things). I dropped the prices slightly from what I was asking on GreedBay, expanded my descriptions, made sure I had clear pictures. I think we need to do more here to encourage buyers to trust new sellers. I also added the Repatoo.com service to our "All About the Seller" so they could see our feedback from GreedBay, that may have helped.

We are going to have to be patient, but I've been hearing from some friends who only buy (don't sell) on GreedBay, they're disgusted with it, too. They can't find anything they want to buy! HeHeHe. Of course, I'm telling everybody about this site.

Forum Lurker
    View zapit65's Feedback (+57)
    All-About zapit65
    View zapit65's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello, dehartauto, and welcome to ebid. I cannot praise the seller+ account more. I bought into it pretty much within my first two weeks. I love having a place to hold my inventory without having to pay all those outrageous re-listing fees and monthly store fees over at grreedbay. Things do work a bit differently over here and the general public is still discovering it. It took me two months before I sold my first item. But that was without any outside advertising. You do need to promote yourself here more if you want more traffic to your store/items.

Best of success to you.
    Last edited by zapit65; 29th September 2008 at 03:33 AM. Reason: spelling

Thread Information