My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Please get rid of.. Run Until Sold

Dave these threads/forums are pretty friendly. And there is a lot of positive support for showing the bids, which you should see if you look at the poll. (over 88% in favor....149 votes with only 4 no) So feel free to voice your opinion here. It's the only way we have to be heard. And, as you can tell if you have read just this thread, there are many vocal members with strong positions here and so far no one has flamed out, been slapped down or ridiculed to badly for voicing their thoughts.

Default At the risk of repeating....

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowseeker View Post
    Dave these threads/forums are pretty friendly. And there is a lot of positive support for showing the bids, which you should see if you look at the poll. (over 88% in favor....149 votes with only 4 no) So feel free to voice your opinion here. It's the only way we have to be heard. And, as you can tell if you have read just this thread, there are many vocal members with strong positions here and so far no one has flamed out, been slapped down or ridiculed to badly for voicing their thoughts.
    We are in danger of drifting off topic but I agree these are friendly waters and I have voted in the poll.

I started and thread a week or two ago in which I outlined some of the issues as I see them with using eBid to sell and it had many contributions. Some were opposed to my rather business like approach whereas others agreed with me.

It was all most amicable and some fascinating comments, opinions and interesting facts emerged.

The thread obviously touched too many sore points and was removed. My suggestions for a free listing policy that did not clog the site up were probably too much.

The one fact that remains with me is that someone pointed out another seller with 231,821 listings which is around 16% of all eBid auctions.

He / she had sold a handful of items (+5 feedback) in 4 months and paid next to nothing for using ~16% of the server space. I do not sell in this category - who would! 3000 index pages of one sellers auctions to go through to find another sellers auctions?

Is this a good thing? Does it help the speed of the site? How long will it take to sell these items?

From you comments I think we probably agree about some of the same things but I wanted to let you know I have already had my say and whilst responses were strident they were always more than polite.
    Dave

I agree the "Run until sold" doesn't have to be displayed, and it isn't something the buyer cares about. As a former computer programmer, I know it's fairly easy to delete a display (which this is). The code would still be in the data base so Admin would know about it.

Well that's a big problem, because I can't see anywhere that an item is being bid on. So in MHO I look at the auctions see no one bidding, so no interest, no competition, so might come back later.
    Buyer looses and seller.
    Dave once more can you give me the item title so I can have a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by Booksbygones View Post
    Dave once more can you give me the item title so I can have a good look.
    Hi there Booksbygone, rather than point the whole forum community at items of an Adult nature I have sent you a Private message that details the items and where to find them.

Best regards, Dave.

Thread Information