Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Hello Everyone

Forum Newbie
    All-About invert55
    View invert55's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Hello Everyone

I just moved here from FeeBay today. I have to say this is a whole lot smoother, easier and with less fees. eBay don't seen to care who they crap on. A few questions.

How would I change the password that was assigned to me when I registered.

And I remember seeing something a few minutes ago after I listed my first item that items will be removed if another item has the same name. I have 5 to sell, so I have to name them all different and with a different title than any other auction with the same item?

I saw many different payment options. Google checkout, amazon checkout etc. I'm only accepting paypal atm, is that hurting me any?

Thanks, anyone with any tips for the new guy is welcomed.
    Last edited by ChasingDreams; 20th September 2008 at 07:53 PM.

Hello and welcome to Ebid..

Im not sure of the answers to your questions, but Im sure someone will answer them soon

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi and welcome to eBid.

How would I change the password that was assigned to me when I registered.
    Go to My eBid (tab above ^) and then select My Personal Details on the right of screen. The first part of that will enable a password change.

I have 5 to sell, so I have to name them all different and with a different title than any other auction with the same item?
    Not different to any other auction. Different to any other of your auctions. If you have multiples of the same item to sell then you either sell them as a multiple item listing or sell them one at a time. This prevents search results being flooded by one seller selling 1000 widgets as in individual listings to the detriment of smaller sellers. If there is a difference say in size, colour, etc. Then you can list them with a variation in the title to indicate the difference (e.g. widget blue, widget red, etc).

I'm only accepting paypal atm, is that hurting me any?
    It's not hurting you. Simply that the more choice you offer buyers the more likely you are to make a sale. Google checkout is gaining favour rapidly here (it must be good as a certain other site bans its use). PPPay offers a useful escrow service which can give buyers confidence if you regularly sell high value items.

Forum Newbie
    All-About invert55
    View invert55's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Hi and welcome to eBid.

Not different to any other auction. Different to any other of your auctions. If you have multiples of the same item to sell then you either sell them as a multiple item listing or sell them one at a time. This prevents search results being flooded by one seller selling 1000 widgets as in individual listings to the detriment of smaller sellers. If there is a difference say in size, colour, etc. Then you can list them with a variation in the title to indicate the difference (e.g. widget blue, widget red, etc).
    That makes alot of since, dont want alot of spam listings clutter up the search page. Can I name the auctions something else. Say, I got a new pair of jordans. I name one "New Jordans - Grey" and another one "Air Jordans - NIB - Grey" and another "New Jordans." I order in lots of 5, 10, 15 or 20. Would take some time selling one by one. Could I list only a handful at a time and name them all different and use different pictures.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you have five the same, why not list a dutch auction with 5 items?
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Wink

If you have five identical pairs, they should be listed once only, and type "5" in the quantity box. This works both in Dutch auctions and in fixed price store listings. If they are different sizes, then list them separately with the size in the title. If your intent is to just "make up" a difference in the title for identical items, then you'll be doing exactly what none of us wants . . . as you call it, "spam listings".

Thread Information