Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: The importance of feedback........

Thumbs up The importance of feedback........

With all the new sellers joining eBid, I see a lot of posts regarding no bids or nothing selling. Most of these sellers have 0 feedback but are selling items with prices (starting bids or BIN) of over £10.

If presented with a choice of buying an item from a seller with 0 feedback or an identical item with from a seller with 5+ feedback, I would choose the one with feedback, even if their feedback was only as a buyer. To me it shows they are serious about starting their business and have taken the time to invest something back (even if it is only to get feedback).

Many times, if you bid on or buy a sellers item, the seller will have a peek at what you are selling, which may lead to a sale for you.

This is just common sense to me ..... get some feedback rating which will give your buyers confidence that you mean business.

If there is nothing you particularly want to buy, take a look at the YDC auctions - all proceeds go to charity and you could end up with a really whacky / or even useful item!!

If all new sellers bought 5 items from other sellers, it would build feedback for you to inspire confidence in your buyers, and also build traffic for eBid, which in return will build traffic for you.

I definatly agree with you on that one. A 0 feedback isn't very encouraging, but to build up points and to 'show willing' it is a point of taking a peek around to see what goodies other people have that could be useful. Even if you bid or buy something then sell it on yourself at a later time or after you've finished with it eg a book after its been read, or a cross stitch kit or knit scarf kit after its been made.

If any of the above examples are taken into the outside world, and you spark up conversation with someone in a queue as to 'thats nice, where did you buy it?' it is all positive advertising and promotion.

I can't remember back as far as when I had 0 feedback elsewhere, but it will be a fun challenge to get 10 to start, then upward and onward we go.

Thanks for the bid too. Much appreciated.

Babs

http@//uk.ebid.net/Stores/Babs-n-Rays/Boxroom

Forum Lurker
    View witchbroom's Feedback (+3379)
    All-About witchbroom
    View witchbroom's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi
    Have to agree too and also whilst getting your feedback up you can find some real bargains on here
    I have discovered a lady who sells things on here at half the price I paid in my local craft shop so my outlay for my cardmaking has gone down,,,hence I can list cheaper than I ever did elsewhere.

As a very disgruntled feebay seller,,,will close there as soon as I can afford too,,,another thing I am doing is emailing my regular suppliers there,,,,I buy a lot of stock ie inks, envelopes paper etc and asking them to list on here as I wont buy on greedbay anymore.
    If they come over too then I can g ive them the benifit of feedback also getting them into selling here
    Anything we can do to bring sellers and buyers has to be positve to promoting the site

Debra xx

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile yes about feedback only sold i reel

But emailed the person 3 times for feedback.Btw left feedback already for that buyer.
    cheers redtony

I think its one of those where the buyer is just slow to leave feedback.

We used to sell on another site and if every buyer we had left feedback for us, our feedback over there would be over 2000 not the 1580 it is. We've also sold a few things here since our arrival, and the feedback is outstanding.
    If you're on 0 fb, then take a little snoop around in general, or browse the charity auctions. There are loads of items here for sale. If buyers can see that you yourself are a reliable buyer, common sense should tell them that you are a reliable seller. (And it gets rid of the glasses). If you're really worried about the lack of feedback here and you used to sell somewhere else, add a discrete note in your About Me page mentioning your other user id feedback rating can be checked via www.retatoo.com if anyone wished to do so. Chances are they won't, but it shows you've nothing to hide and are genuine in your quest to sell.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Right I am going to buy some stuff.... if I can be assured I will be left positive feedback
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Quote Originally Posted by booksforsale View Post
    Right I am going to buy some stuff.... if I can be assured I will be left positive feedback

You could always buy from us - over 200 items to choose from and we'll leave you raving feedback too.
    Babz

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've had a few buyers not leave any feedback for me but I can't be bothered to ask them either

~Jan~

PS: Perhaps I should not leave any feedback first until they have?

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    PS: Perhaps I should not leave any feedback first until they have?

That is how I used to mainly work on the other side, unless if they were some of my hand crafted items, then after a time when I was sure that the item had been received and there were no queries/problems with it (about a month after posting for the uk, longer for some overseas) I would leave feedback for the buyer. I hoped that it would work as an advertising tool for myself if prospective buyers went looking at my feedback.

I've had a few sales here too where the buyer hasn't left feedback, but its the luck of the draw - some do and some can't be bothered or perhaps don't realise that it can be an important advertising tool for the seller. I've never chased for it. I see feedback as optional or personal choice.
    Babz

Thread Information