eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Another Feebay Rant

Forum Lurker
    View zapit65's Feedback (+57)
    All-About zapit65
    View zapit65's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Another Feebay Rant

I was posting a book for sale (fiction cat.)(or maybe it was a lot of few) on feebay and it notified me that in Oct. you will not be allowed to have a shipping cost over 4 USD in this catagory. I was listing for 4.25. This is really going to put a damper on a lot of people's lsitings in this catagory. Often I will list a set of books by same author or themed series.The shipping will usually go over 4.00 for a lot like this. What is it with them. They continually push people away. Are they trying to force everyone to list every book separately? Or if you have say 5 books for sale to put it only in the bulk/wholesale section where it gets less traffic? ARRGGHH.

Wink

They want you to list the books individually because they will collect more listing fees that way (once for each book), and PayPal (which they own) will collect more also (since shipping the books individually will cost more than shipping them together). They're not interested in any benefit to the buyer or the seller.

Tia, when are we going to hook up and have eBid registration parties or something, I am up on the hill in Ramona,

E
    Eric Joseph
    James River Armoury
    San Diego

My eBid Store:

http://us.nine.ebid.net/stores/James-River-Armoury

Quote Originally Posted by ARMOURERERIC View Post
    Tia, when are we going to hook up and have eBid registration parties or something, I am up on the hill in Ramona,

E
    Whey hey! A party In California too.... can anyone come?
    I could do with some sunshine and warmth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wI6uAOHzvo

This link is dedicated to all members of a certain age who may be ageing Hippies.......

Click to open The Allsorts Cupboard

Widen your search Horizons
    Find it on eBid
    Click here to join the fun for FREE

Quote Originally Posted by zapit65 View Post
    I was posting a book for sale (fiction cat.)(or maybe it was a lot of few) on feebay and it notified me that in Oct. you will not be allowed to have a shipping cost over 4 USD in this catagory. I was listing for 4.25. This is really going to put a damper on a lot of people's lsitings in this catagory. Often I will list a set of books by same author or themed series.The shipping will usually go over 4.00 for a lot like this. What is it with them. They continually push people away. Are they trying to force everyone to list every book separately? Or if you have say 5 books for sale to put it only in the bulk/wholesale section where it gets less traffic? ARRGGHH.

Welcome to eBid
    I think most of us that have come over from the darkside spent some time on here ranting about them because we felt so let down and upset.....

Worry not!! It wears off eventually and you can settle down here without looking over your shoulder .
    You will feel in control of your own listings again and you will actually enjoy selling and buying in freedom

All the very best for a brighter future here
    Click to open The Allsorts Cupboard

Widen your search Horizons
    Find it on eBid
    Click here to join the fun for FREE

I posted this on a thread some time ago.
    It warns what is going to happen regarding books and media.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/9405...e-ceo-thinking

Forum Lurker
    View zapit65's Feedback (+57)
    All-About zapit65
    View zapit65's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan3 View Post
    I posted this on a thread some time ago.
    It warns what is going to happen regarding books and media.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/9405...e-ceo-thinking
    Thanks for everybody's response. Hey DanTheMan3, would you mind if I used some of your article in my blog or even mentioned the link. Since I will be mentioning my estore and ebid from time to time on there it might be appropriate.

By the way I do not make any money on "handling" fees. Not after I subtract fvf's and Paypoo fees. I charge for actual packaging cost plus a little extra like maybe .50 c. depends sometimes on if it's one book or a combined lot. Now that I think about it I'm probably losing money. So glad I found Ebid before things get even worse over at feebay. It really is not the palce for a small time hobbiest/seller.

Thanks.
    Last edited by zapit65; 16th September 2008 at 03:35 AM.

Eric, a party sounds great.

RedMerlin, anybody who dedicates a link to me is more than welcome to my party!

First I'll have to figure out where Ramona is . . . I only moved here recently, barely know my way around Pacific Beach. Thank God for Thomas.

We'll have to give RedMerlin time to get here, though. Maybe we should wait until January, we'll probably get more people.

Zapit65,

I'd say they want all media listed separate so that when someone put in a specific title they can do the big river thing and throw up so many new and so many old with that title. So making feebay look like a big supermarket with good selection of goods from sellers who do everything perfect making feebay look good.

There will be no room for grouped items, job lots etc. All the changes of late including the new item layout is to make it look like a catalogue.

Thread Information