Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Ebid dominates in Google search results!

Smile Ebid dominates in Google search results!

I did a Google search for one of my Ebid store products today. I was quite pleased to see my Ebid auction ranked #1 in the search results! It was even more satisfying to see that an Ebay auction was right below it at #2. Very satisfying. It even beat out my regular online shop which came in at #7.

Search engine optimisation is not easy.

Well done.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Pristine, I hope your listings have fewer typos than your posts on here or your listings will only appear on google when people mistype what they are looking for!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by PRISTINE View Post
    here's a few examples of whats required to make a search engine work for you ''even on an auction site you can do this

words as u know count ' of what your selling ''many people know this by . having a name which fits there profile. and what they sell..an example below

if for instance you sell watch's '' then i would palce watchs in my name ' ie pristine-watchs-and-clockwerk-items' and so forth in any shop u open..if anyone wants and know you then it will come up trumps out of millions , what u want to sell and how you list it needs to be there in written word even on a website / forum / auction site

increase this by when you introduce any picture you upload you need to name that picture ''that will arrive in search results 'attributes arrive better than a picture ' name your picture in this method .. create your own listings and be precise in word in every detail what you are selling..

ie: my pic.jpg / ssgo8976 / = if this is a pic of what u sell 'then rename it? to what it is

this will help you get better results 'words as well 'never over do it'' keep it simple and dont shout ''bots dont like this

my two pence worth hope it helps..

ebid dont come in easy at the mo,, cause of what i just said ..there's plenty people know more than me

and theres a site that will strangle this one big time.. in the search cats

Ebid dominates in Google search results!
    no way and wont happen for many years'' i wish it would but it aint gonna happen for a while anyway
    Thanks for the tips - especially the one about what you sell in the shop title. I didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by PRISTINE View Post
    Ebid dominates in Google search results!
    no way and wont happen for many years'' i wish it would but it aint gonna happen for a while anyway
    Obviously Ebid won't magically enable you to rank well in Google. My point is that Ebid is highly optimised and does not interfere and feed Google’s spider with impertinent information. So, if you have a descriptive auction title that is somewhat unique along with a good description you will fare well.

Giving your images a descriptive name does help but Ebid resample’s gallery images and renames them so in that case there is no point. However if your images are in your html description you certainly should give the images descriptive names.

Ebid does a great job handling the Google spider....the rest is up to you.

Thanks for the information on search engines and ebid.
    See all the items up for sale this week at Crazymama's

http://us.ebid.net/stores/crazymamas

I know very little about search engine optimization, I just write the listing and stick it out there.

I just did a search out of curiousity. Guess which listing popped up first out of 11,000 results? My listing on eBid. And it's only been out there for about a week.

WayHeyyyyy!!!!!

My Auntie Wainright's is the first on the page!!!!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Forum Lurker
    View witchbroom's Feedback (+3379)
    All-About witchbroom
    View witchbroom's Listings
    Forum Posts

Out of curiosity I have done the same thing on google,,,just to see if I am placed. Have searched quite a few of my cards by catagory, gothic, anniversary etc and I am on first page search for most. I searched halloween but mine arent there yet however another ebidder comes up first page which is great

I am still listing on feebay till I can afford to leave (or cant afford to list which ever comes sooner!!!) and my ebid items are showing above my feebay ones on google too

I am chuffed that google is picking up ebid so much...way to go ebid!!!!!!!

Thread Information