Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Jumping ship from Fleecepay.

All-About babypanda
    View babypanda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Jumping ship from Fleecepay.

A first posting to Ebid to see how friendly you all are.
    I have been on Fleecepay for about 2 years and sell mainly books with a few collectables and whatever else I can find.
    Fleecebay's proposed new price increases are a step too far for me.
    I have been listing only those books that should sell at prices that I reckon buyers would be well-prepared to pay, but have been very disappointed at how many have failed to sell. Relisting the ones that don't sell at reduced prices usually fails to find a bidder.
    Fleecebay has recently withdrawn 2 of my auctions where I was giving customers a good deal but which they reckoned were depriving them of a few pence in fees:
    I was selling a Kilo of used paperbacks of a specific author for a set price including postage, books selectable from a large list. They wanted me to list books individually which wasn't worth my effort.
    I was offering 12 similar items for a set price, the customer able to select how many items from each different available colour. They prevented me from giving the customer a choice.
    With no insertion fees on Ebid, I take it that these types of auction are acceptable here?
    I have rather a lot of good books, including a number of rare and signed ones, to list.

Welcome to e.Bid.

There are a lot of migrators here on this site, so you are not alone in that one. Myself included. To quote from another members posting in another thread I read when I first joined, 'welcome aboard, the natives are friendly'. And that is how I have found them to be. From what I can understand we're all here because of the increase in fees and the 'dictatorship' empire that has developed over there.

Things here are more of a relaxed atmosphere. Yes there are rules to be followed, and as long as these are adhered to there are no problems. If there is a problem, the guys at support are only an email away (support@e.bid.tv), and from personal experience you get a personal reply within 24 hours. Although, I suspect that depends on the query, as some have waited a bit longer. I am unable to answer your query re the books. Maybe someone who has been here longer can help, but if in doubt, contact support. They'll definitely know.

Again, welcome to e.Bids lifeboat, and good luck with your sales. Any problems, just put your query in the appropriate section on the forum and I'm sure someone with the knowledge will help you.

Good luck,
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

I can't answer your question either, but I just wanted to say...Welcome to eBid

Forum Lurker
    View zapit65's Feedback (+57)
    All-About zapit65
    View zapit65's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by babypanda View Post
    They wanted me to list books individually which wasn't worth my effort.
    I have rather a lot of good books, including a number of rare and signed ones, to list.

Welcome to Ebid. I am also migrating from feebay (still have a few things listed over there) and have so far found this a friendly place with people here in the forums always willings to help out.

Of course they want you to list them separately. They make more money that way. Not sure if I can answer your question. But best of success to you. Best bit of advice I can give to a newbie here is be patient (it took me about 2 months to get my first sale) and get the word out about your estore as soon as you set it up including putting a link in your sig. file. Advertise it wherever you can.

All-About babypanda
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm sure I won't be the last immigrant here from the Fleecebay tyrant.
    From another forum item, Ive heard that you need to list a couple of thousand books before you start to make any sort of progress here. That may take me some time to do, not from the shortage of books available but from the time it takes to list them and the organisation in being able to find the ones you've sold.
    I've had enough trouble with listing 200 on Fleecebay and then being able to find those that sold at short notice.

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by babypanda View Post
    I have been on Fleecepay for about 2 years and sell mainly books with a few collectables and whatever else I can find.
    Fleecebay's proposed new price increases are a step too far for me.
    I have been listing only those books that should sell at prices that I reckon buyers would be well-prepared to pay, but have been very disappointed at how many have failed to sell. Relisting the ones that don't sell at reduced prices usually fails to find a bidder.
    Fleecebay has recently withdrawn 2 of my auctions where I was giving customers a good deal but which they reckoned were depriving them of a few pence in fees:
    I was selling a Kilo of used paperbacks of a specific author for a set price including postage, books selectable from a large list. They wanted me to list books individually which wasn't worth my effort.
    I was offering 12 similar items for a set price, the customer able to select how many items from each different available colour. They prevented me from giving the customer a choice.
    With no insertion fees on Ebid, I take it that these types of auction are acceptable here?
    Welcome Babypanda - You can sell large lots of books here, and determine your own postage costs (or include it in the price). What you can't do is have multiple listings of the same thing. In other words, if you want to sell a kilo of books by one author, you can only have one auction with that list.
    You can also do 12 similar items for a set price. But again, just one auction with all the choices.
    You'll also find that you can relist your unsold books here free until they sell.
    I hope that helps. Any other questions give us a shout.

Welcome!

No - you don't have to list thousands of books on here!

If you have been having a good turnover on feebay, you will find that it will probably be quite a bit slower on here - eBid is not (YET) a household word - but we are all working hard to get it noticed wherever we go!!

Good luck with your new venture!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Forum Newbie
    All-About sweetbriaruk
    View sweetbriaruk's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello,
    I joined last week but I still dont have listings up and running as its proving hard to get payments sorted ,,I asked ebay to remove my bank details from my old account and downgrade it to a buyer only ,,they wont do it as you cant downgrade.
    It seems they are going to hang onto all my bank details regardless unless I completly close my account as you can not downgrade,,Account closures take ages to complete as they have a waiting time of several months before its finaly closed ,I also cant seem to remove paypal from my ebay account,I dont really want to wake up one morning and find my ebay accounts been hacked into and paypal are after hundreds of pounds of fees from me ,I was hacked into in the past while I was actualy in my account ,I emailed ebay straight away and ebay too 24 hours to do anything while eventualy I was locked out of my account by the hacker .
    I am considering a complete new start and closing my old bank account as well,,, its a bit creepy how they just seem to do exactly as they want
    bye for now

All-About babypanda
    Forum Posts

This all sounds much friendlier than Fleecebay.
    My auctions there will soon all be finished and I will start putting my books on here and advertising them a bit!
    I hope I can make a lot of people happy by selling them quality books, mainly older ones, at a bargain price.

Thread Information