Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Selling Books on Deutschland Site

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just remembered: Cost and postage are converted by the site as the item is viewed from whichever country

Smile

I thought I was replying to a particular posting when I sent that last one. So! I will name each person who so kindly left their comments.

Mainlypostcards - Thanks for the reply! Your site reminded me that I must dig out and list all those German postcards. Thanks for the welcome and the advice. Please would you tell me who it is who 'does precisely that', it does not seem to be you, I've looked hard at your site.

Madelaine - Thanks for the welcome! Your Zulu beads remind me of when I lived in a mud hut, with thatched roof & fire on the floor in Kwa Zulu; in a previous life. You say that, 'Ebid aspires to have local language sites'; well I will do my best to encourage that by listing for them.

Raindropsies2 - Thanks for the welcome! Your vinyls remind me of my middle age, my youth was back in 78's. Gibberish? Well I know some, but what is an IMO, when it's at home? You help by just being there.

Gothicina - Thanks for the welcome! What a busy little beastie you really are. Yes, I had already come across you when scanning through the help forums, and much was learned from you. Thanks! I already planned to contact you regarding templates when I have finished these enquiries about how to do it all on eBid. HOW and WHERE does one send you copy to be made into a template?

Gothicina again - You say, 'features like the browse stores are site specific. If you opened a store in the UK, your store wouldn't be seen in the browse stores on the German site, but all the listings you wanted to would.'
    Sorry, but I do not understand what you are saying - so, I am a 'bit age worn'. My sales on the 'dark side' are about half to the UK and half to US, Australia, Germany, Holland, etc. Today I posted to Hong Kong and yesterday Belgium. I guess I do not understand my options on eBid. Please spell them out, or tell me where to look.

Gothicina yet again - You say, 'As long as they have a buy now price, & have more than 7 days to run on the upload dates, they will be uploaded by eBid into google products. eBid also have the function to let you export your items in a format correct for google products upload.' Well! I googled 'google products' which I had not come across before, and now I am a little wiser, but not much. Please explain more, or tell me where to look.

redmerlin777 - Thanks for the message! Your site looks like my 'real time' auction room, in yet another life. Job vacancy sounds good, but they want real German speakers, and I am a translation machine user, with an aunt to check me out. When I was a kid you got punched (or arrested) in England for speaking German, so I did not learn it from my mother.

Burgyeb - Thanks for the encouragement! I searched your site for a $9 dollar bill, but did not find one.

Meebo's Loft - Thanks for the message! Nice of you to let me know. I had already found your shop by searching 'German Books' on eBid, but thanks all the same. Quite unlike your books, mine are mostly pre 1970, back to 1870 or so. I promise I will list on eBid before too long, but if you wish to see me in action on the 'dark side' look at alsoldbooks.

Thanks for everything. Goodbye all.
    Even I can translate that without the machine
    Dank für alles. Auf Wiedersehen alle.
    Steven alsoldbooks

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Alsoldbooks:
    Your post is awesome! I only sell coins right now. There are some sellers/stores that have banknotes. Thanks for looking. I learned a few things here,ie, I didn't know meebo did german books; that's great.

Quote Originally Posted by alsoldbooks View Post
    I thought I was replying to a particular posting when I sent that last one. So! I will name each person who so kindly left their comments.

Gothicina - Thanks for the welcome! What a busy little beastie you really are. Yes, I had already come across you when scanning through the help forums, and much was learned from you. Thanks! I already planned to contact you regarding templates when I have finished these enquiries about how to do it all on eBid. HOW and WHERE does one send you copy to be made into a template?

Gothicina again - You say, 'features like the browse stores are site specific. If you opened a store in the UK, your store wouldn't be seen in the browse stores on the German site, but all the listings you wanted to would.'
    Sorry, but I do not understand what you are saying - so, I am a 'bit age worn'. My sales on the 'dark side' are about half to the UK and half to US, Australia, Germany, Holland, etc. Today I posted to Hong Kong and yesterday Belgium. I guess I do not understand my options on eBid. Please spell them out, or tell me where to look.

Gothicina yet again - You say, 'As long as they have a buy now price, & have more than 7 days to run on the upload dates, they will be uploaded by eBid into google products. eBid also have the function to let you export your items in a format correct for google products upload.' Well! I googled 'google products' which I had not come across before, and now I am a little wiser, but not much. Please explain more, or tell me where to look.

Thanks for everything. Goodbye all.
    Even I can translate that without the machine
    Dank für alles. Auf Wiedersehen alle.
    Steven alsoldbooks
    1) Most people who order custom templates use the Private Message function on these forums to make contact, & we take it from there.
    You get the option to send me a PM by clicking on my username.

2) From the forum put your cursor over the Stores tab at the top of the page, you get to choose which sites stores you wish to look at.
    I'll use books as an example.
    Currently the UK site has 175 Book Stores
    The US 50, Germany has none.
    (If you look at another sites stores you need to remember you may not be able to buy from them)

My UK bookstore doesn't appear on any site other than the UK, either via the stores tab, or by being featured on any of the main pages, but I have set my book listings to be available to other countries.
    For instance if you search for Goatkeeping from the UK site you will find 2 listings one from me & one from mmk777, if you search from the US & German sites you will see the same, but if you search from the Singapore site you will only see one, as my listing doesn't include Singapore as an option.

3) Google products/base/shopping will accept entries from individuals or businesses. Google set the criteria for what they will & will not accept.
    They will not accept auction listings, but will accept fixed price ones(BuyNow) (& ones with both an auction & BuyNow).
    Because of the extra exposure having your products on google shopping gives, it is advisable to set a fixed price to your items even if you prefer the auction format.
    eBid handle the upload for you 5 times a month, UK listings go to google UK, US listings to google com.
    But if you want to put your UK based listings on com for instance you need to do so yourself.
    To make it easier, when you have live listings eBid give you the opportunity to Export your listings (it's a very good way of keeping a backup) you have a choice of 2, one is in eBid's own Bulk Upload format, the other (which will only show BuyNow items) is in the correct format for google.
    Jimbo750 has written a How to about uploading to Google products
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?p=535790 it was originally written before eBid did the google format downloads for us but the gist is still the same.

I did check & google de do have a google products feature,
    http://www.google.de/prdhp?hl=de&tab=wf
    you would probably need to set up an account from their German site. You could then upload your books, which would help German speakers to find them.

Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

So much to learn! I could sit here and read and put into practice all the tips/advice given for several days. I just have to try and remember things. And the tips weren't even aimed at me

Thread Information