Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am a little ashamed

Quote Originally Posted by SalusLibrorum View Post
    Why don't you send them both together parcel post?

Anything under 2Kg = £4.20.

I think, as a buyer, I'd be a bit miffed if someone sent me (and charged for) something that weight as first class post.
    Because the buyer has stated in the invoice request that they want them sending 1st class.
    I had asked the buyer a question to which service they wanted and gave them the 2 prices (1st class & standard parcel).

Yes standard parcel is great for things up to 2kg then after that it's cheaper to send via other companies

Quote Originally Posted by Cocksparrer View Post
    Raindropsies far as im concerned what you are charging for postage is fine, if the buyer doesnt like it then tough. Have you sent the buyer the link to the prices & how much they weigh, then maybe they may understand a bit better, if they use greedpal then youre going to lose about £1.50 or something like that anyway.
    No, the buyer is not moaning (as far as I know)

I just didn't realise the postage discount that I offer would be so low which could look bad on me. But as I keep really close to stamp price most of the time then it is no surprise that the discount is not much

Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies2 View Post
    No, the buyer is not moaning (as far as I know)

I just didn't realise the postage discount that I offer would be so low which could look bad on me. But as I keep really close to stamp price most of the time then it is no surprise that the discount is not much

Ah then up your prices just a tad cos youre gonna get bitten by the excess charges of greedpal in the end & you lose out.

Because the buyer has stated in the invoice request that they want them sending 1st class.
    I had asked the buyer a question to which service they wanted and gave them the 2 prices (1st class & standard parcel).

Yes standard parcel is great for things up to 2kg then after that it's cheaper to send via other companies
    Ah right, well that's their choice I suppose.

I think you'll find that with the new prices that the post office are cheaper than Parcel2Go up to 4Kg now. Standard parcels are £6.85 up to 4kg, and I remember Parcel2Go being over £7 (got to include the VAT).

Quote Originally Posted by SalusLibrorum View Post
    Ah right, well that's their choice I suppose.

I think you'll find that with the new prices that the post office are cheaper than Parcel2Go up to 4Kg now. Standard parcels are £6.85 up to 4kg, and I remember Parcel2Go being over £7 (got to include the VAT).
    Yes the post office is slightly cheaper using standard parcels, Like you say its £6.85, where as parcel to go is £6.91 all in 6.19 - 0.31 5% discount to all (code is gift) = 5.88 + vat 1.03 = 6.91

I would rather pay the extra 6p for 3 reasons, 1- They collect the item saving my arms struggling with pushchair & box, and 2- I trust dhl (they are the company used by parcel2go normally) more than royal mail, 3- insurance with parcel2go is min of £50 whereas RM is just £36 as the basic price.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes the post office is slightly cheaper using standard parcels, Like you say its £6.85, where as parcel to go is £6.91 all in 6.19 - 0.31 5% discount to all (code is gift) = 5.88 + vat 1.03 = 6.91

I would rather pay the extra 6p for 3 reasons, 1- They collect the item saving my arms struggling with pushchair & box, and 2- I trust dhl (they are the company used by parcel2go normally) more than royal mail, 3- insurance with parcel2go is min of £50 whereas RM is just £36 as the basic price.

Have you ever had to make a claim with them? The story on another group I'm in, is that they're great when everything works, and pants when it doesn't. Any experience?

I used Parcel2Go a lot last year, after PayPerDrop folded, they were very efficient. Whenever anything went a bit astray though, which it did a couple of times, I never bothered contacting them, I always spoke directly to DHL, who were always very helpful, and everything got sorted out in the end without involving Parcel2Go. I've heard the same thing about claims though, there were a couple of threads on quarrels and arguments about them.
    Last edited by SalusLibrorum; 5th September 2008 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Have you ever had to make a claim with them? The story on another group I'm in, is that they're great when everything works, and pants when it doesn't. Any experience?
    Nope, never had to claim.

But I have only used them for UK deliveries, and most of my buyers have been surprised at the info they are given by parcel2go & DHL.

Thread Information