eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Featured auctions changed to Free auctions

Forum Lurker
    View swinglo73's Feedback (+323)
    All-About swinglo73
    View swinglo73's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Featured auctions changed to Free auctions

I've noticed recently that a few auctions I had set for Featured Listings have been downgraded to Free auctions. I read the listing FAQ and realized that this is mentioned in there (although I don't remember seeing the 60 day limit anywhere while posting), but I don't think it makes much sense and I'm kind of put off that my best items are all being slowly bumped to Free auctions.

Seems like once you pay the Fee for a Featured listing it should remain a featured listing. Or at the very least, there should be an up front message to the seller that says, "Only good for 60 days."

It is only fair that featured listings are downgraded after a time as there are only so many featured slots for everyone to use. If they remained as featured forever, what is to stop one seller from monopolising the featured status for themselves and preventing everyone else from having a chance?

As you state though, the time limit is mentioned in the published FAQs. There's only so much information that can be added at the time of listing and it is up to the user to read through all relevant rules and procedures before starting an auction.

Thread Information