Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Compliments slips - suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by JudesNiceThings View Post
    Am I allowed to say here that I get all my compliment slips in the form of business cards - from Vistaprint.

When they have an offer on, and you DON'T take any extras like express P & P etc. they cost me around £4 for 250.

You can design your own and they have a multitude of interchangable options to fiddle about with.

Obviously it costs more to put your own logo (or eBid's) on them - but I wouldn't think it would break the bank!

Mine take the form of a 'Thank you for purchasing' etc - with all my trading IDs for here and elswhere plus my email addy. ( I actually get 8 lines of text)

(BIG WARNING: DO NOT do any SURVEY that appears on their site - it generates massive spam!!)
    I agree - I have been using them since last year - make sure you sign up with them for free tshirts, caps, pens, fridge magnets, calendars.... as well as the business cards, christmas cards, paper etc. Even the logo uploads comes as a free offer from time to time.

You are generally limited to the amount you can order for free, but not how many orders. Best way to do it is click on the link in your email from them (sometimes this means flitting between saved emails to get all freebies at all times) and order - you have to pay the postage but its reasonable and if you go for the 21 days option if youre not in a hurry, it costs even less!

Once youve placed your order, just go back in and do the same again! Weve had tshirts, caps, an ongoing "series" of fridge magnets, last years Christmas cards, postcards, plenty business cards - *ideal* for marketing - find a 14yo son who wants to earn a bit of pocket money and send him out to some neighbours for a start!! etc etc...

Once you've uploaded your logo (on a free offer) it stays there with your account, so make the most when that comes up, and for those that arent so savvy, they have ready made ones. No reason why you cant upload the eBid logo though

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    You can use the ones on my free flyer page (doc format)
    3 per A4 page
    http://www.gothicina.co.uk/flyer.doc
    oo....er

I just printed a test flyer and the text on the right hand side is missing.

Any idea why?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Maybe you need to set your margins?

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Maybe you need to set your margins?
    It isnt that

The flyer is centred - and the text should take up some of the centre of the flyer as well as down the right side.

Maybe - I have run out of grey ink

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've just loaded the doc from the link above,and can't see anything I'd describe as being "down the right side". Which bit's missing? Or maybe it's missing even earlier on mine.

Hello

I've used Vista print and would not promise it happens every time but I was half way through an order, not all free, and left it, then forgot all about it until two weeks later I had a very good offer emailed on the whole order if i placed it quick. Worth a try perhaps. Will look out for the free logo upload thats good.

All the best
    Chris
    SFP SECURITY

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I've just loaded the doc from the link above,and can't see anything I'd describe as being "down the right side". Which bit's missing? Or maybe it's missing even earlier on mine.
    It's the text about ebid not having any fees

Will try again - maybe it was a fluke

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I know most people swear by vista, but I just swear at them I placed an order, it got lost in the post, and I never got a reply to my queries about it. So I was out of pocket and too busy at the time to pursue it any further. Rather put me off, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by SFPSECURITY View Post
    Hello

I've used Vista print and would not promise it happens every time but I was half way through an order, not all free, and left it, then forgot all about it until two weeks later I had a very good offer emailed on the whole order if i placed it quick. Worth a try perhaps. Will look out for the free logo upload thats good.

All the best
    Chris
    SFP SECURITY
    It worked for me! Good luck with your new venture Chris

"sunnybooks - oo....er

I just printed a test flyer and the text on the right hand side is missing.

Any idea why?"

I took a look, cos only yesterday I was playing and came up with something not drastically dissimilar to Gothicina's (spooky!!)

I opened the doc from source rather than save and then open, and when I went to save as, it wanted to save it in a more up to date word format - poss thats why its playing weird? Dont know - just a suggestion

Jan

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

I just saved it as a 'word' document and then found it with my other stuff in 'my documents'.

After I edited it I saved the changes and then printed it twice - one using the 'print' icon and a second time using 'file' but got the same result both times

The missing text is from the text box with the grey lettering to the right of the eBid logo.

Everything else I have printed up has come out OK today - just this flyer

Thread Information