My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: radio advertising?

I think we should go the whole hog, why not sponser the next mission into space, it will only cost a few million, come on G&M get the wallets out

Name:  rocket.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  3.7 KB

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies2 View Post
    I think we should go the whole hog, why not sponser the next mission into space, it will only cost a few million, come on G&M get the wallets out

Name:  rocket.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  3.7 KB
    Now even though this message is old, it's topical... if they hadn't crashed it we could have used the Top Gear Reliant Robin Space Shuttle that I watched on i-player last night. Though we've have to make sure Richard Hammond didn't put the stickers on - the TG ones were upside-down.

TV or radio advertising is unlikely to happen, but just a few thoughts.

Watching TV is active - we tend to have the television on to watch a particular programme
    Listening to Radio tends to be passive - we tend to have it on in the background while we are busy doing something else, i.e decorating, tidying, listing on ebid.

People tend to make tea, or pee during TV adverts, so there is a good possibility of missing the ads.

With TV we actively avoid the ads.

This doesn't tend to happen when the radio is on - How many people whilst listening to the radio say to themselves, "oh! there are the adverts, I better make tea"
    Not many I would bet.
    When the radio adverts come on, you tend to carry on what you are doing AND subconsciously soak up that catchy tune, with that witty ebid slogan sung over it. Then later when you are online with that tune in your head that you heard every half hour or whatever, your curiosity gets the better of you, and you visit the ebid.net site.

With radio we passively carry on listening to the ads.

So, if ebid were to use traditional broadcast advertising, I reckon Radio would be the way to go, and as I understand it, it is cheaper than TV ads.

Just my tuppence worth
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

As stated above it is not just a case of handing out loads of money, unless you consider giving away a number of free lifetime memberships as a cost.

Radio presenters are always looking for prizes to give out to their listeners, and their price for the prize is to give out information on the company that offers it.

In the US they have large advertising based radio shows that I think cover the whole country, in Australia I am not sure, but while a lot of people are hurting in Australia due to ebays fiasco, that would have been a good time to target them.

In the UK I think most of the radio stations are area based apart from Virgin but that just means a few more than normal.

If you have a local radio station or TV station go see if they have a forum and start asking questions, do not be suprised if you are jumped by the ebay goon squad, just post the link up on here and I am sure a few members from the same areas would not mind saying how great they feel after finding a better safer home for your goods.

Also do not just think a local radio station is just local, as with the new age of internet broadcasting, a lot of them are world wide, the one I selected in another post, is hosted by a man called Alan Robson, who is also on an American TV show about ghosts that I think is sent out worldwide and so does his radio show, as they have callers from all over the world due to those links.

And most people I know who spend time on their computer, as said above do listen to the radio.

If you want to go into us picking up some of the costs on this, then what about some discount tokens, where new buyers get a percentage off any purchase from users that are willing to partake.

Again if you look at the post above mine a lot of you are doing that in anyway so would be just part of a bigger campaign and would be something for those that buy online rather than just having something for those that sell.

Just a thought

Gazza said

".....Also we will be testing the water with our first radio ads and some billboard advertising in the UK in the next couple of months also."

See here you will need to scroll down to reply #18
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

I think TV ads are a waste of resources - I don't watch commercial TV much anyway, and tend to use ad-breaks to channel hop, make tea, or pee!

I listen to the radio nearly all day - mixture of radio 2 and local - I dont swich off for ads, as they tend not to last long - but once you have hear a particular ad a few times, it sticks in the mind.

I think billboards are a very good idea - you have a captive audience who can't avoid seeing them, particularly where there are traffic hold-ups, and they are so big that they do get absorbed into the subconscious, I think. - If I were allocating adspend - I'd go for those two options first.!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

I hjave the radio on all day and ads are repeated throughout the day - umpteen times.

Now and again the radio station puts out a spoof ad which ends with - "If you were tempted to buy this imaginary product - think what these ads could do for your business"

I think radio ads are a great idea so I'm well chuffed that the lads upstairs are going to do something about it

Thread Information