My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Techy help my auctions on own website

Default Techy help my auctions on own website

Been having a play and i have managed to put my store listings onto my own website http://homepage.eircom.net/~sportingtack/equestrian.htm

The problem is it is not updateing along with ebid time left etc, how can i get it to update and get rid of the mess before the prices , and the mess in the store navigation.
    Bid
    €6.00
    Buy
    €8.00

P&P : €4.75

it is doing what i wanted linking back to ebid when you click on a item title

thanks in advance for any help

The eBid site relies on various Javascript modules to work. These are referenced by each page but do not actually get embedded into each page. Consequently, just copying the page - as you have - only copies the places where the modules are called for, but not the actual modules themselves.

Aside from that, it is poor practice to take a chunk of someone else's website and dump it onto your own in the way you have. The layout, mechanics, images and design of that code is the property of eBid and should not be taken without prior permission.

I'd suggest that you need to rethink this approach and find another way to link to your auctions.

damian thanks for advise, are we allowed to promote our own auctions on our own websites as long as it linksback to ebid

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roiphil View Post
    damian thanks for advise, are we allowed to promote our own auctions on our own websites as long as it linksback to ebid

Positively encouraged.

You might want to consider an RSS feed, this is the URL to mine that I use on a squidoo page. http://uk.rss.ebid.net/perl/rss.cgi?...arch&type=user
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Quote Originally Posted by roiphil View Post
    Promoting eBid is not a problem. You can link to eBid from your own site and eBid have supplied some logos that can be used (in the "Promoting eBid and your Stores" forum). If you dig through the HELP pages and find the details for Affiliates, there are also some banners which can be used.

Thread Information