My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Driving buyers to buy--your suggestions

There needs to be a good positive story in one of the papers about ebid.

Ebid need to stage some event that is going to get media attention.

Unfortunately I am not imaginative enough to suggest something.

Any ideas?
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Forum Newbie
    View discxpress's Feedback (-3)
    All-About discxpress
    View discxpress's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gayukshop View Post
    I think one of the big downfall for ebid at the moment is there not enough items listed in categories besides antiques and collectables these are nearly half of ebids listings, Needs more in games/consoles, toys/games, sports electronics, mobile and home phones, music, This would atract more to here, If buyer are coming to look on here not seeing much of what they want they are not going to stay around. These items I'v listed are some of the biggest selling at the moment.
    I'v no ideas on how to get these listing or to atrarct sellers on here maybe if all of us listed some of them may help
    Hello,

I'm a retailer of music, video games, dvds and software. What do you think my chances of doing good on here?

Forum Newbie
    All-About momentintime
    View momentintime's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Wondering?

I see you guys are talking about directing traffic to eBid from the other major site that dominates the net, some have referred to it as feebay. I have only been selling over there for about 2 weeks and I am sick of the fees I am looking for another place to sell my things.

Mostly I do hand painted items ie scrapbook pages, home decor, and I sell gifts and wearths/flower arrangements.

I am wondering if there is a base here for sales and exposure? I mean are there buyers here or from what I am seeing this is mainly a UK site np with that but just wondering if people from the US are selling well on eBid. I am not sure if this is the right thread for this but was wondering what this eBid place has to offer. Smiles

It has a lot less fees than Greedbay to offer for a start, the lifetime membership is a bargain at only $49.99 no more fees unless you use enhancements, and even with a gallery picture the FVF is only 2% so well worth it. Just think how long it would take you to run up that sort of bill over there, not very long. There are more and more US members joining every day and there are well over a million listings on the US section.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by momentintime View Post
    I see you guys are talking about directing traffic to eBid from the other major site that dominates the net, some have referred to it as feebay. I have only been selling over there for about 2 weeks and I am sick of the fees I am looking for another place to sell my things.

Mostly I do hand painted items ie scrapbook pages, home decor, and I sell gifts and wearths/flower arrangements.

I am wondering if there is a base here for sales and exposure? I mean are there buyers here or from what I am seeing this is mainly a UK site np with that but just wondering if people from the US are selling well on eBid. I am not sure if this is the right thread for this but was wondering what this eBid place has to offer. Smiles
    Well, I'm here and I'm selling, just sold another item on Monday. There are quite a few active US sellers and buyers here.

~Jan~

Hi
    discxpress
    only just seen this reply things seem to move slightly slower on some categories than others thats why I made the suggestion.
    Looking at game dvds ect you should do good here, remember to give as much plugging to your customer elsewhere let them know your here you will do well
    Thats what I will be doing in the next couple of weeks just waiting for xmas stock
    Then I'm doing a promotion campaign on gay sites pink money is big money
    Cheers Ken

Forum Newbie
    View discxpress's Feedback (-3)
    All-About discxpress
    View discxpress's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello all,
    You have made some great suggestions and encouragements. I'm excited about being a member of the eBid Community. It's got to be a customer base here and i plan to stay around until I find it. I know it takes time and patience. I am currently uploading items to a more active shopping site. When I finish there, ebid will be my main focus and I will send customers I get there to my auctions here. It takes thousands of items to get some attention here and some time for the search engines to index these auctions.

Speaking of search engines, how does eBid auctions rank in SE listings?

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ebid upload items to Google shopping - providing they have 7 days to run and a bin price - so it is easy to get your stuff on there.

There is no quick fix for greater sales on here - we have been plugging away steadily for years. Each time the other place make a new, bad policy decision, membership increases here. In the end it is a chicken and egg situation - more listings means more traffic means more sales and round we go again, spiralling upwards if all goes well.

The only suggestions that are worth anything are those that people can do for themselves. Suggesting that ebid spend more on advertising is the equivalent of fussing about the tactics of the opposition in sport. Sports psychologists first commandment is "worry about the things you can change yourself". So.. Ken of Gayshop and others... find the lists of things YOU can do and do some of them, but most of all, keep listing fresh stuff so that buyers find something here.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Cheers fo the comment madelaine. I am finding that plugging eBid in the free add sections on the net is working, i am geting more viewing from these links outside of eBid. When putting adds on make sure you get accross ebid.co.uk where ever you can also your own store, put in the add. "auction, free to list free to buy" these are KEY words for search engine to find them.
    I am getting hits on my own website from these and even from ebaa where I listed items for sale on ebaa I know this with my stats info.
    I have over 20+ ongoing add listings on the net in forums, free adds, blogs ect. And putting more and adding to the others as things change.
    It is hard work and long but it is working to get eBid more visable
    Ken

Thread Information