Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Site is slow this morning 29/07

Default Site is slow this morning 29/07

Got a stack of stuff to list but the pages as I click to list similar item etc are taking ages today. Same was going on on my last day off that I wanted to spend listing, ended up just sticking it all on amazon and greenmetropolis. Trying to catch up today but it is taking ages.

Moan over.

Any techies out there? Why does the site have frequent problems like this?

I'm having problems too - have tried both IE & Firefox.

Message at bottom of screen says: waiting for ads.adviva.net

Am giving up trying to list now - will try again later today when hopefully any issues have been sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by inversions View Post
    Got a stack of stuff to list but the pages as I click to list similar item etc are taking ages today. Same was going on on my last day off that I wanted to spend listing, ended up just sticking it all on amazon and greenmetropolis. Trying to catch up today but it is taking ages.

Moan over.

Any techies out there? Why does the site have frequent problems like this?

Totally agree, was going to list some before chores, but just takes tooooooooooooooooo long to load the pages. No other pages do from other sites. It must be a bug

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    View jarpet21's Feedback (+373)
    All-About jarpet21
    View jarpet21's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi inversions
    Thought it was just me. Finding it impossible to access my account today - every page is taking forever to load. Hope its just a small glitch

Hi all,

Thanks for your replys. At least I know it isnt my problem, but did think it was a site issue anyway

Forum Lurker
    View BackIssuesOnline's Feedback (+33)
    All-About BackIssuesOnline
    View BackIssuesOnline's Listings
    Forum Posts

Anyone using FireFox, make sure you have the AdBlock add-on installed and enabled. When the page you are viewing stalls, saying "waiting for ads.advida.net", right click on the AdBlock link in the bottom right corner and select Preferences from the menu.

In the dialog box, where it says New Filter, type in "http://www.advida.net/*" (without the quotes, of course) and make sure Remove Ads is selected (page will still hang if just Hide Ads is selected). Click on ok and all pages should now load straight away.

Hope this helps.

Hi, thanks for that info. I have done as you suggested. But as the site has been working quite well for the last hour or so I can not as yet say it has stopped the problem. I didnt notice anything on my screen about ads.adviva.net but I hope this was the cause of it!

Thanks again!

Forum Lurker
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inversions View Post
    Hi, thanks for that info. I have done as you suggested. But as the site has been working quite well for the last hour or so I can not as yet say it has stopped the problem. I didnt notice anything on my screen about ads.adviva.net but I hope this was the cause of it!

Thanks again!
    Is it still slow for you at all? I came to the PC around noon and found pages were not loading at all. Once I made these changes the pages loaded very quickly - possibly faster than before?

Should be back to normal now. I might try taking the AdBlock off and see if it's still stuffed.

Forum Lurker
    Forum Posts

Just disabled AdBlock, and now it's hanging around waiting for these ads (and others) but not quite as bad as before. If you have entered the adblock entry correctly pages should load almost immediately (I have a 4GB broadband connection, though)

Something weird is going on. I just struggled through to put on a new listing and when I pressed submit it took ages to go though. I just looked at my email and saw I had two adverts for the same item! One at 1.44 and one at 1.45. I have just had to go in and delete one of them. I only pressed the submit button once!

Thread Information