eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: ebid peeps

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies2 View Post
    No you seem to be missing the point.

All I wanted from eBid (as did others) is the acknowledement that they are aware of the problem, and that they will do whatever they can to stop this type of person.
    So, you were looking for assurance that something that hadn't effected you wasn't going to affect you even though eBid wouldn't be able to control that anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies2 View Post
    As for cheques, as a whole you are right but my cheque book as with every one else who banks with alliance and leicester has a different sort code for paying out cheques than it does for setting up direct debits & bacs payments
    Thanks for the info on A&L
    Last edited by hypn0t0ad; 13th July 2008 at 11:37 PM.

Rock, Pop, Indie, Dance and more CDs

So, you were looking for assurance that something that hadn't effected you wasn't going to affect you even though eBid wouldn't be able to control that anyway?

No my point is that if I feel that they are dealing with the matter to the best of their ability then that is all I or anyone can ask, but as I know of 1 member that HAS been effected by this and still got no reply from ebid, that is why I have become a lot more concerned. If you feel that you are not concerned about details being mis-used then that is your choice.

Don't get me wrong, I know that the banks are responsible for the main reasons this has got this bad, but if I need asurance that eBid take this type of thing serious then that is my right to ask for it, but as they refuse to give it what does this mean other than sweeping it under the carpet. I have the right to ensure they do something about these type of issues to protect myself the best as possible

Thanks for the info on A&L

Glad this was of help to you.

View smiffy49er's Feedback (+570)
    All-About smiffy49er
    View smiffy49er's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sarah YHM

Go on click you know you want to

http://www.justgiving.com/Charyn-Smith

Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right, and the other is a husband.

I think eBid have shown in the past that they deal promptly with scammers, but if someone deals with you either as a buyer or seller they are going to have some information about you, what if a seller is a serial killer and wants your address, if you want 100% safety then insulate yourself and never contact anyone.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    I think eBid have shown in the past that they deal promptly with scammers, but if someone deals with you either as a buyer or seller they are going to have some information about you, what if a seller is a serial killer and wants your address, if you want 100% safety then insulate yourself and never contact anyone.
    Are you the serial killer lol

Ken all I am saying is that on this occassion eBid are deny any knowledge of this. Fact.

I may be nuts on some occassions, but tbh thats the way I am, All I have asked for is why eBid deny any knowledge of this problem, and I am not the only 1 to have been ignored.

Been busy with other things, so have just caught up on the thread.

I'm sorting out stuff for the website now, and trying to set up a shop at the same time. Both should be up in a few days.

Noticed Shezz' story about her two sons; sorry to hear about that one; I really am. My comment on this is that the scam was NOT perpetrated by a "genius" who had tapped the garage phone line! It was done at the garage itself by a shady employee -Occam's Razor as I mentioned before. If you drop me a message, Shezz, I'll explain how it was done. I don't think it would be wise to post the method here. If anybody can think of a safe way of telling you - please let me know! If you think about it and watch at the petrol station you'll soon catch on. I did mention this in an earlier posting.

You can block your own cards from being used outside the UK by the way. It's quite easy. It's also very easy to forget to tell the bank that you're going abroad! Cost me £10 to 'phone my bank from Tunisia a few months back as my Debit Card was blocked! Ah well...
    So far as I know only A&L use the two number system; saves you from having to have two accounts.

Can't comment on ebid and emails as I haven't even got around to asking for my free t-shirt yet! Perhaps it's the filtering....don't know.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yorkshire Building Society do, or at least used to do something similar; one sort code for paying in another for outgoing transactions.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cambrensis View Post
    Can't comment on ebid and emails as I haven't even got around to asking for my free t-shirt yet! Perhaps it's the filtering....don't know.
    not the filtering - I put several topics into one email and was answered on all but one.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thread Information