Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: advertising ebid

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

The more I think about it, the more irritated I am by "even you"... I'm admin for two flickr groups, I post almost alone on a facebook group...
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Newbie
    Ulrome, East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View pandoras33's Feedback (+16)
    All-About pandoras33
    View pandoras33's Listings
    Forum Posts

Madelaine, i wasnt having a go at you! why are you being so defensive, it was a question i needed an answere to, you have no right to resent me, i have done nothing but enquire about getting more people on here, i have done nothing to you for you to resent me, im glad you do your bit, well done i bet youve worked hard, i am too doing the same things you are, and i am genuinly pleased your business is growing. but my question wasnt about you, it was about advertising ebid nationally, and would ebid cope if thousands more people joined from over at feebay, i madelaine am on the same side as you, there was no need to attack me because i asked a question, which by the way didnt get answered, the question was so basically we cant have an advert, because to many people would join and ebid wouldnt cope? or words to the effect. this is not a go at you, or anyone else on here, its just a question. i dont understand why we cant advertise, when everyone want more people here thats all. thanks agian Lesley http://uk.ebid.net/stores/bluelesley

Forum Newbie
    All-About pandoras33
    Forum Posts

Madelaine, when i posted the last note, your second one wasnt there, i have just read it and you did ans the question, so i appologies for the comment about my question not being answered. thanks again Lesley. http://uk.ebid.net/stores/bluelesley

All-About madelaine
    Forum Posts

We will have to agree to differ, Lesley, because "even you" felt very personal.
    Madelaine

My Postcard Shop
    and

Forum Newbie
    All-About pandoras33
    Forum Posts

Madelaine, the even you thing wasnt meant personally, it was just a you, me, everyone statement. we all want the same thing here, i am on your side, ebids side, why would i want to attack you? you have helped me loads of times, besides im not like that. all i did was ask a question, a question that lots of new people are asking, and i didnt get why we couldnt do a big ad somewhere, now i understand, as you kindly replied with the ans. i didnt mean anything by my comments, and i appoligies if i irritated you, nothing was meant by it, im new here and needed to know an answere, thats all. ive now got my answere and i wont ask again. thanks Lesley http://uk.ebid.net/stores/bluelesley

All-About madelaine
    Forum Posts

OK, Lesley, we are friends again (I hope) - we've had a couple of really irritating newbies telling what is wrong with the site on another board and I've got a bit sensitive!
    Madelaine

My Postcard Shop
    and

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Lesley, you will get jumped on if you don't read what is posted! Honest, you will! TV ads cost a fortune and which country would you put them on in? And the server overload? How would you counteract the bad publicity that would be?
    In total agreement with you on this point. TV ads are not the way to go without a huge financial investment. 10 x 30 sec tv adverts @ 3 peak and 7 off peak would with production costs etc be in the region of anything between £75,000 to £275,000 depending on the TV channel and programs. with no gaurantee of any response. take a well known snack manufacturer, they had a competition where two students produced a 30 second stop motion tv animated advert at the cost of £10.00, Dorritos were spending huge amounts of money in the region of £30,000 to £45,000 for 1 x 30 sec slot on coronation street, when I had my Filmscan studios animation company a few years ago I was charging upwards of £8,000 for a 30 second animation for tv adverts, production costs are extreemly high and processor intensive when you think that to render a 30 sec animation takes 750 frames to produce. TV adverts are not the way to go IMO
    Myositis in Focus : my website on the awareness of the Muscle inflammatory disease

My Daily Journal : my Daily Blog " Living with Dermatomyositis

Years Gone By My Genealogy and Family History store

Forum Newbie
    All-About pandoras33
    Forum Posts

Phew thank god for that! lol, glad we ok now, youve helped me so much, i would of been lost without you as my friend. thanks madelaine. Lesley http://uk.ebid.net/stores/bluelesley

Thread Information