eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photos Aren"t Appearing On Auction! Help!

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AaronsAttic View Post
    I use Internet Explorer for browser. The photos are jpeg format stored in a file on my computer. Yes, the came up fine when they were listed as I said after a couple hours they would not come up. Refreshing the auction page and/or individual aution page does not help. I tried using the gallery option......YOU KNOW WHAT? I JUST FIGURED IT OUT! I was deleting the previous photo each time and replacing it with the new one for that auction! I didn't realize that you have to leave all of them and just select the one you want to use for that particular option. If this is the case it's not a very efficent way of doing things also it would have been nice to have been told this up front. Also, it still doesn't address the problem of not being able to add an additional photo(s) after an auction has already been listed. I'll try going back in an leaving them all in my gallery instead of deleting them and see if this works!
    For a photograph to display on the internet - it needs to be hosted on the internet. Your ebid gallery is where it's hosted. Most websites that allow you to display photographs work in this way so i don't think there is any way ebid can make the process any clearer or more efficient - in fact in the 3 years i've been selling here this is the first time i've heard anyone raise this issue?

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AaronsAttic View Post
    Seems to have worked! Although I still would like to know it's possible to add an additional [hoto to an auction that's already running?
    As there is a fee for additional photos then this needs to be decided when you first set the auction up. Some users include additional photographs within the html of their auction description, however if you are not familiar with html and hosting photographs online you may want to use the 'list similar' link instead and list another auction with your extra photo- then delete the original

Forum Newbie
    All-About AaronsAttic
    View AaronsAttic's Listings
    Forum Posts

I hate to say it(Because I can't stand them any more!) but Ebay is MUCH more efficient! You can load a photo directly from your computer to your auction! You can also add a photo anytime the same way! Kind of ridiculous to not be able to do this and having to rellst a new auction and cancel the one that's running! I don't mind paying for an extra photo but I should have the option of adding them to an existing auction(s)!

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

AaronsAttic, welcome to eBid.

I hope I don't get into trouble with you for offering some unsolicited advise, but I am going to. But if it was so much better where you were, you should have stayed there!

Having said that there is a lot of friendly advise on these forums that can help you if you will heed it.

List similar will take a little time but not much more than editing. Once you figure the system out and can quit editing I think you will like the site. It just takes getting used to, just like the other site did.

Hope you aren't too mad at me and we might even become friends! If you need any more help just ask.

I have addtional pictures that are included in my description by using simple HTML to reference images that I store on photobucket. Take a look at any of my listings. Ebid is really easy to use. OK it may seem different at the moment, but it's like arriving at a new town to live, just takes a few days to get orientated. If you need help just shout.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thread Information