Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone buy on this site?

Unhappy Does anyone buy on this site?

HI all, have been trading successfully on the other site for over a year, I've been registered here for over a year too, but have only been listing for a couple of months. I am getting lots of viewings, have reduced my prices to almost cost and am still having no sales. Considering how much I sell on the other site at higher prices what's going wrong?
    I've given up listing anything else until I get a sale.
    Any advice please.

Im doing good, sales have doubles the last few months ,but on the other side they have dropped plus the FVF have gone up over there .

Ive just looked and have noticed your items are at the end of the category, try some on 3 day listings and they may get better exposure, try spreading them out 3,5,7,10 day hope this helps.
    Last edited by BAGHAG999; 29th May 2008 at 04:29 PM.

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm happy with my sales. I'm not a business, just a private seller/buyer. I have had 44 sales in the past twelve weeks and bids on four of my auctions at the moment.

Just look at the feedback of people here...someone must be selling/buying to get three figure feedbacks.

View Xaos's Feedback (+7)
    All-About Xaos
    View Xaos's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm unsure and open minded; I hope for the future, and I'm happy to invest some money and some time into eBid for a period

Each Seller has to consider the market I guess.
    Xaos -pro: kay-os (Gk: Χάος) -n: the primal void; non-linear system sensitive to initial conditions.

Sigil Magick and Chaos Magick - See my eBid listings: http://ebid.xaos.org.uk

Join the Chaos Magick Bebo Group

My Listings

Have you actually bought anything on this site ???

If the answer is no then why not and theres your answer

I often nevr find what I want or at the prices I want so tend to not bother looking and wasting my time.

But of late I am checking it out of - I will do my part and make the effot and the other week I actually found something and am just waiting for it to arrive now

So yes people do buy,

And stop comparing this site to the global household name that is the otherside thats like comparing a local little corner shop with Tescos.

Happy buying and selling x
    Please take a looksy at my items for sale. Thank you

http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...arch&type=user

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3082)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

are you actually advertising yourself or just sitting back hoping ?

have you bothered to read about advertising your store as the first thing i noticed you don`t even have a signature for posting on these forums

View oak800's Feedback (+180)
    All-About oak800
    View oak800's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy

I bought a couple of things yesterday. Asked a question, but haven't yet received any acknowledgment from the seller.

View Opis's Feedback (+664)
    All-About Opis
    View Opis's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Fencraft,

I've found so far with ebid we really have to work hard to make ourselves seen! But it's satisfying and worth it in the end

You asked for advice - can I make give you some pointers you could think about when you get chance?
    • Your 'about me' page on feebay is really good; positive, friendly & informative. Your ebid one is different- much more negative. Do you really need to mention feebay? All that will happen is a buyer will check out your feedback out on there & once they are on BUY from there so you pay those horrid fees. I'd stick with your original friendly feebay ME page, btw I like the fact you've provided returns info and good contact info - important to create a feeling of safety for the buyer.
    • You have some gorgeous products, yet your descriptions a basic one sentance line - blink and you miss it!. On ebid we are the salesman and we have to sell hard lol. So what would you say to someone who was looking at your goods? For example, keywords/ sentances like "for cat lovers out there", "bright & cheerful way to start the day", "exquistely detailed", "beautifully giftwrapped" can bulk out a listing description and keep people lingering and intrested maybe long enough to buy.
    • I notice you sell a fair bit on feebay, maybe every time you sell you could inform all your customers via email and on your printed invoices that you are slowly moving your shop over to ebid, and your items will be cheaper on here.
    • You're a seller+ so you have nothing to lose by listing for free (or virtually nothing) all your items on here, and everything to gain. The worse thing you could do right now is stop listing - the more you have on here, the more people will keep coming across your items. Constant visability is essentail on ebid.
    • Don't give up! You're a good seller on feebay, so there is no reason why YOUR customers won't follow you
    Hope this helps and keep plugging yourself to everyone.

Oak, another way of contacting the seller is through the messaging system on these forums - the link is just under your name on the top right.

If your seller has good feedback I'm sure that they will be in touch. If they don't contact you then come back here and tell us - we'll have a look and see if there's anything we can suggest.

Fencraft, agree with #8, you should persevere as it takes time to develop any new business venture.

Other keywords you might like to build into the titles - railway, pink, mother.

There are some terrific buyers on this site and I am sure that your sales will take off.

Thread Information