eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm new here, fresh from Feebay, but I have noticed this.

Good to see all the refugees flocking here. I like your "run until sold" and "on first bid" options, but I agree with some of the posters suggesting there should be some control. You control open empty stores here, by suspending them if they stay empty for X time. Why can't something like that be done to static listings if there is not a log on to the site or activity of some sort after X time? The site could send a reminder e-mail or something first. Heck ..... even Yahoo suspends your mail account if you don't at least log on after a certain period. After all, it's not a foreign concept for people who do business on line. The site needs some protection too...IMHO.

View lynxy's Feedback (+18)
    All-About lynxy
    View lynxy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi & welcome to the newest refugees.
    I came over over 3 months ago from Greedbay & love it here. I took the time to get to know this site & experimented with the different selling strategies. My items are now starting to sell & already have had 10 new buyers who registered on the same day of purchase.
    I personally love the run until sold option as I have my items uploaded to google, but I do agree management need to have control . Regular signing in is a good idea

I'm going to be contentious here! (OOH MUVVA!)

People are leaving feebay because they don't like the way it's run.
    They are coming here for something different.

So WHY - as soon as they get here - are they trying to change it to be like feebay?????

Accept this site and use it like everyone else, or leave!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ancientwisdom View Post
    hi...hi steve...iv just placed my first listing too, iv just come from ebay,as iv had enough..after being a seller since 2002...as you say,sellers are leaving e bay in droves at the moment...groups on ebay regarding the ridiculous changes in feedback,are springing up and just growing,i joined one with 80 members and when i logged on today i think it was up to 140....i thinks that e bay will be getting its karma...sooner than later..anyway,i wish you lots of prosperity and a more enjoyable time on this auction site.julie.
    I too have just come back to ebid after 5 years of ebay. Had no success when I tried ebid 3 years ago, but now with the fiasco on ebay, there's hope! Many more will follow, I'm sure and it should be the making of ebid. I wish everyone luck as well. Also want to reply to Steve, as I agree re the 'Run until Sold'. I have just bought my first item off ebid (anything to get a little number by my ID!) and have heard nothing at all from the seller. Came to the conclusion that they don't know I've bought it. What do I do now? It grieves me to say, but I have never ever had a single problem buying off ebay, apart from one retaliatory neutral, but I did read the feedback carefully before buying. (Waste of time now. Meaningless.)

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aneatidea View Post
    I too have just come back to ebid after 5 years of ebay. Had no success when I tried ebid 3 years ago, but now with the fiasco on ebay, there's hope! Many more will follow, I'm sure and it should be the making of ebid. I wish everyone luck as well. Also want to reply to Steve, as I agree re the 'Run until Sold'. I have just bought my first item off ebid (anything to get a little number by my ID!) and have heard nothing at all from the seller. Came to the conclusion that they don't know I've bought it. What do I do now? It grieves me to say, but I have never ever had a single problem buying off ebay, apart from one retaliatory neutral, but I did read the feedback carefully before buying. (Waste of time now. Meaningless.)

obviously you buy from me

see now ya sorted

View Opis's Feedback (+664)
    All-About Opis
    View Opis's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi everyone and welcome to ebid!

Hi Aneatidea, what date did you buy your item?

What date did it show as they were last here, if you look at my store it shows the date that I last logged in, so you can see that I'm still about and active.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Ken i have just started listing again and over the last five days have been adding items and will continue to do so daily. The date when i last visited my store however states the 21st of May, is it stuck or am i doing something wrong?

Have you logged out and logged back in?
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thanks Ken, i was logging in to the forum and had not realised that i was continually logged into the main, site. So now it is working.

Thread Information