My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Shipping Amount NOT in eBid PayPal invoice

Question Shipping Amount NOT in eBid PayPal invoice

I have a Seller+ Lifetime subscription. My invoices are supposed to be integrated with PayPal. However, the PayPal invoice my buyers get from the eBid listing page shows both the item cost and shipping cost. But when they go to their PayPal account that payment form does NOT include shipping costs nor is there anyplace on the form to add it.
    Thus to get the proper payment amount I have to refund my customer's eBid PayPal payment and then send them a PayPal invoice myself that includes both item cost and shipping cost. This, to say the least, is not customer friendly. I would like to list more on eBid but going through all this is really a pain and caused me to lose confidence in their system. Any suggestions??
    Thanks,
    Merrill

I think there was something in a thread somnewhere about your Paypal settings overiding things if you have defaults set up in it. I expect someone more knowledgeable will be along in a minute.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Hi Mistycards, I've used the paypal link both here and to a customer in the USA and the postage has shown O.K. so must be some sort of glitch with your account. Can't help with the technical stuff I'm afraid but if you don't get an answer here I should send a report via the help button. Hope you get it sorted.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

kens right. i remember setting my paypal a couple of years ago- but i can't remember what settings it is i needed to sort! sorry!

Have you sent an email to ebid support? they may have the information handy

support@ebid.tv

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

There is an override setting within a PayPal account that will ignore the shipping figures eBid send and uses a fixed one as specified in these settings.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Default What overider setting?

Thanks for the help so far. But what overider setting am I looking for in PayPal's maze page?

I'm not quite sure but just had a quick look and if you click the 'profile' tab at the top of the page there is a list called 'seller preferences' it might be in there? There is one called 'postal preferences' I have the ebay& other auction button ticked plus 'non auction goods' box ticked. I don't know if it has anything to do with this?

Can anybody else out there help on this one?

View lynxy's Feedback (+18)
    All-About lynxy
    View lynxy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,
    This happened to me recently. There is an override check box on the Postage Calculations page within Paypal's Profile tab. At the bottom of the page is this:
    Miscellaneous - Allow transaction-based delivery settings to override profile settings (Optional).

[ ] Click here to allow transaction-based postage values to override the profile postage settings listed above (if profile settings are enabled).

I checked this box & also reported it to the guys who were looking into it. Had a sale today & postage is now included.
    Last edited by lynxy; 20th April 2008 at 06:03 PM.

Thread Information