Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: user locations on auctions bidders from usa.

Default user locations on auctions bidders from usa.

It would be nice to know the location of the bidders on an auction as i have just had one winning bidder in USA. The listing states uk only.
    Had no reply to emails or any mention of payment.
    Why are they allowed to sign up in america if this is uk only site.
    Needs sorting i think.

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: user locations on auctions bidders from usa.

no this is ebid.co.uk not only for the uk / we welcome all people on here :lol: you can go to your local auction house and have people from around the world bidding on the items it is stated this is the uk`s only free auction site

:evil: Yes i am not disputing that fact,what i am saying is i did not know the highest bidder was from USA untill close of auction,even then it took some time to find out.
    Be nice to know where the bidders are located and not hidden.
    No objections going international,but postage was only quoted for UK not USA.
    If you get my drift.

For what it's worth, I agree with the OP. I'd go further and say you should be able to automatically bar users from certain locations. On ebay I've had so much trouble getting US buyers to pay etc that I now sell to UK and Europe only, but I've still had US winners. They can't read, it seems.

:evil: Yes even if a bidder is in USA and you dont ship to USA then you dont have the opportunity to cancel bid because you dont know that untill auction has ended.
    They cant read in USA so they just bid and hope for best then you have the aggro of getting them to pay extra postage and all costs in sending payment.Then you end up with a no sale because of non payment.

Would it be possible to have an option to tick the countries we will accept bids from or block them from bidding? Most of my auctions can be sent internationally but there has been a few in the past which are so heavy it wouldn't be viable.

I love having international bidders in the usual way.. I have just had my first international sale on here ..... to Australia

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Internationalising the site has only really cropped up within the last 2 weeks and we havent had any time to get our heads aroudn the idea yet... We are thinking of the best ways to do this and to help ebid grow without losing its personal touch

G
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

On the reverse side as a interested bidder from australia. I'd love to be able to find stuff that doesn't just say uk only. I'm happy enough to email and ask/pay extra postage. Having only heard today this site is now accepting bids from outside of the Uk i was thrilled to find over 20 items in a category i was interested in. only to discover all wanted uk only. perhaps the statement that overseas bidders must email the seller first and check on postage before bidding?
    cheers,k

Personally I am more than happy to accept overseas bidders - after all the more people that know about ebid the better - surely?

Thread Information