My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: eBay to UK Sellers...PayPal Required

What everybody seems to be overlooking is that you have to accept Paypal as a payment option; you can still specify other payment methods - which is how I've been operating right from the start and what is what I am doing here. What I do object to is the fact that they intend to hold your money for 21 days - even more interest they are earning on my money!!!!!, while it is tied up for me in there, yet I am expected to send the goods out, as it is in my paypal account?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by melboy View Post
    is that the whole thread, the last reply..or both
    Errrrrr its that word again,from a not so new poster would think melboy,gotta laugh he he he.....

did you know that you can accept paypal payments using clickbank.com and 2checkout.com..which means that i do not need to sign up for paypal..has anyone heard of any of the 2 and if so could you let me know if they are any good..as this could be a other option to payments..thankyou chubbycherrychurb...

Forum Lurker
    View windyworld's Feedback (+4)
    All-About windyworld
    View windyworld's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just taken a look at the Paypal rules about withholding money for 21 days and in my opinion its not as bad as it sounded!

Actually they will only hold it in the case of new sellers with high value items, or poor sellers with bad feedback and low DSRs. The restrictions they have set for holding funds actually seem quite sensible as it helps to reduce fraud and improve buyer security with new sellers.

As CNP fraud (internet purchases especially) is the fastest growing fraud in the industry, any sensible measures taken to reduce this should be applauded. And in this instance, with Ebay being notoriously carp at controlling fraud in any other area, maybe this is a sign they are taking some responsibility for protecting their users.

As soon as sellers have built up some history they will no longer have funds held, so it shouldnt take too long to stop this being an inconvenience.

hi windyworld i can see what you are saying really i can..but this hold on your money in paypal has already affected many good sellers on e-bay..please check out some of the stories at paypal horror stories and paypal has my money on temporary hold and paypal has frozen my account..these people sometimes do not get an explanation as to why there account is like this and some good sellers never get there money back..and with all the e-mailing to paypal and phone calls they do they still dont get any answers..and because they cant get any help from paypal to sort the problem out these sellers eventually end up losing there money as well as there business..please look at mumblins storie which he posted march this year..this has happened to a few people..

Forum Lurker
    View windyworld's Feedback (+4)
    All-About windyworld
    View windyworld's Listings
    Forum Posts

I havent read the horror stories. But from what you are saying its the usual Ebay story. The thought/intention is a good idea, but in practice they manage it very badly.

It always amazes me how people can set up big companies but not think about how to manage the size/volume etc so that they can still provide good service. Ebay has grown too big for it to manage itself from what I can see.

yes i will agree with you there..they have grown too big and they cant manage it..and to me the way things are going what goes up must come down eventually...

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello all , I have seen this announcement from ebay before now...I must admit I have not read all the posts here about it , but check it again....
    to me and others ( over there ) it says.........paypal MUST BE OFFERED ...
    the main word being ...OFFERED ....
    as I am known to be wrong at times....have another look......Papa.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello again , with regard that option about paypal , I have had another look and there are CERTAIN CATAGORIES where PAYPAL IS THE ONLY OPTION ....
    ......I would love to be a fly on the wall when some of the members there who think that Ebay is all things wondeerful and can do no wrong....get their heads around what is happening....they will think up some excuse for them...
    I will sit back , and wait for the proverbial to hit the fan.....Papa.

Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

I recon safest bet is either PPPay or google, A buyer paid me £60 via google & the amount google took from me in fees was just £1.05, now imagine how much peepal would have taken from you and if the buyer had used pppay then it would have just been them charged at 0.49 if I remember correctly.

Thread Information