eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Ho wdo you import your feedback from another site?

Ouch,
    That was a lot of reading through.
    Frankly, we have all started off with 0 feedback at one point or another, be it the dark side or the big river or anywhere else. I for one have given my E**y user name and feedback score on my about me page; if anyone wants to check it out that's fine with me.
    I have been selling online for nearly 4 years now and didn't have any feedback to start with; equally I didn't have any feedback when I came here just over a month ago - my score now is 13 and will hopefully continue to rise.
    My view on this is that no feedback should be allowed to be transferred at all from any other site. Like I am sure other newbie sellers will do, when I first came here I checked out my "competitors". There are a few of them around with quite high feedback (my thoughts: great this site will be ok for me), but on closer examinations they have only sold a handful of items here in several years, while all the rest of their feedback is imported from other sites. Equally, there are other sellers in my category who have started on this site with 0 feedback and have done well.
    Give your username at other sites, so anyone can check you out, but please don't "dilute" this site's feedback.

I just hope you enjoyed the read Marianne.

I think way back on this tread or maybe it was another thread (I've read a quite a few now) that was what I was trying to say... but I'm getting old and can't remember now.

I think the bottom line is for some if not all of us who have joined here lately it has been a long time since we had a 0 feedback and we have (sort of) forgot what it is like to have to start as a newbie.

no doubt (hopefully) in a few months (if not weeks) we will be wondering what all the fuss was about, and realize we needn't have worried about feedback or the lack of it.

Default Adding up US. EBid plus UK.eBid

somersethedge

if you look again you will see that ebid has been split into the USA site and the British site. if you add the two figures
    530,604 + 559,360 = 1,089,964 (this total does not include the other 12 sites ebid run)

this puts ebid just behind bidville. If the both the sites you mention listed by country of lister I suspect they would be below ebid, or if auctionwatch added all 14 ebid sites together then ebid might even be 2nd behind the darkside and above the two sites you have mentioned

I do not beleive adding all 14 the eBid sites together to get a larger total of listings would be accurate.

For example, I presently have 258 listings in my store.
    Because I sell to all 14 countries, my 258 listings are visible on all 14 sites.
    I checked New Zealand, Spain, France, Germany, etc..
    If I was to add them all up, 258 x 14 it would mean I have 3612 listings, which is not accurate.
    I only have 258 unique listings.

Francois

I hadn't thought of that.......

but by the same token.... I had 3000+ items on the dark side, they too have a number of sites and like you my items were advailable accross all their sites so the same rule could apply with their numbers.

but it is an intresting point

View TCCSales's Feedback (+13769)
    All-About TCCSales
    View TCCSales's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello all,

iwiw60: Thanks for the cheering section!

Gothicina: The link below (which is the link that ToyCrazyUK started this thread with) is of a NEW eBid member who has had 2356 feedback imported from "Another site". Here is the link:

http://uk.ten.ebid.net/perl/normal.c...ting&type=feed

As you can see, he is a 12 day old vendor on eBid...This has JUST BEEN DONE & did not occur "years ago".

Also, as I have stressed in prior posts, simply verifying a feedback NUMBER is NOT against ANY eBay rules at all. So, NO lawyers phones would be ringing. THAT is how others sites are doing it. The sites that got in trouble, where sites that grabbed the CONTENT from the eBay feedback pages. "Great Seller AAA+++", "Quick shipper!", that sort of thing.

mainlypostcards: I appreciate your position...BUT...Feedback is ALREADY being imported. The Genie is already out of the bottle. The problem with the situation is that feedback is ONLY being imported for SOME but NOT ALL. Dilution or not, it has already happened; & IS happening.

We have been selling online since 1998; & we have been on many many auction sites in those years. Not just eBay. History has shown us again & again that having the ability to import feedback from other auction sites (be it from eBay, Yahoo, etc.) BOOSTS SALES. I remember one site, edeal.com (now defunct), that we used to sell on. In the beginning, they did not allow importing feedback; & we wallowed with a zero rating for MONTHS. We did all the things everyone here at eBid suggests to do to try & show customers how great you are at other sites; but with a zero rating, NOBODY WAS CLICKING THE AUCTION TO SEE THAT INFORMATION!!!

Then one day, edeal said we could import our eBay feedback....& .we raced to do it. Within a week we had made 3 sales. Not a huge number to be sure; BUT after months of nothing, we suddenly had sales. Sales at edeal stayed steady after that (a few a week); up until they closed. (They were a free site across the board! No fees for ANYTHING! Do THAT for too long, & you are going to go belly up!)

One point I have been trying to pound home to some people is that is doesn't make any difference in the world how great your "about me" pages are; if 99% of your potential buyer base doesn't click your auction because you have a zero (or very low) rating.

A hotel needs a road to get customers to it. Sure, there will be some who will be willing to hike to the hotel, but very few. Most will say "I'll wait until they build a road before I stay at that hotel.." It would not matter at all how nice the hotel rooms were. They would remain empty until a road was built. Feedback is the road to sales. It doesn't matter how great the auction template is if nobody is clicking the link to look at it.

Feedback=Traffic=Sales=$$

I assume most here are selling goods to make money. I know we are. Please forget the "They should not import feedback at all" mantra. As I stated, it is already being done. The trend will NOT reverse itself....The topic at hand now is WHY is it ONLY happening to a few & not ALL??..AND..since it IS being done, a bigger question would be, do you want other sellers importing their feedback, while YOU DO NOT get the privilege to import your well earned feedback?? My answer would be "No....If they can import feedback, I want to be able to import my feedback.."
    Last edited by TCCSales; 19th March 2008 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TCCSales View Post
    Hello all,

iwiw60: Thanks for the cheering section!

Gothicina: The link below (which is the link that ToyCrazyUK started this thread with) is of a NEW eBid member who has had 2356 feedback imported from "Another site". Here is the link:

http://uk.ten.ebid.net/perl/normal.c...ting&type=feed

As you can see, he is a 12 day old vendor on eBid...This has JUST BEEN DONE & did not occur "years ago".
    I've seen it. Are you assuming it's imported from feebay, or do you know it for a fact?

All the examples you showed with feebay feedback were from years ago, before feebay stopped eBid importing it.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

View TCCSales's Feedback (+13769)
    All-About TCCSales
    View TCCSales's Listings
    Forum Posts

Gothicina:

I have no idea where it is from. It simply says it was imported from "another site".

BUT....If there is a site out there that we are allowed to import feedback from, what is it? Do you know? We sell on many sites. Perhaps we sell on the site "dealmaker" had their feedback transferred from. If that is the case, I would most certainly like to be afforded the opportunity to import our feedback from that site just as "dealmaker" has.

When eBid imported Yahoo feedback ratings, they did not seem to hide that the feedback was from Yahoo. It said it plain as day...."Yahoo".

But, a High feedback score from "another site" is pretty non-descript. Non-descript enough to ....I dunno.....avoid the feared ire of eBay?....maybe??.....Hmmmmm

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

YAY, Team!

Thread Information