My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Item counters

Default Item counters

Hi all, im new to ebid just joined yestereday! I was wondering about the counters for the listings? Is everbody who veiws the item only counted once? Also is the seller counted each time he/she views the listing? If this is the case i think each member only being counted once would be a good idea

Forum Newbie
    All-About DiscountGaming
    View DiscountGaming's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Item Counters

I agree with you, in fact I think the sellers views should not be counted at all.

Default Reply

Hi, i didnt think seller's views would be counted Thats means nobodys seen my listings

When a seller is logged into their account and visits one of their own auctions, their first visit increments the counter by one. Subsequent visits do not increase the counter UNLESS the seller clears the cookies from their computer.

If the seller is NOT logged in and visits their own auction/s, the counter will increment each and every time the page is viewed or refreshed, just as it would be for any other visitor.

The only way that the site software can tell that the seller is visiting their own auction is to use a tracking cookie on the seller's machine. Once that cookie is set, the site will be able to distinguish the seller from other viewers.

Forum Lurker
    View ft1278's Feedback (+39)
    All-About ft1278
    View ft1278's Listings
    Forum Posts

Damian, It has been my experience that everytime I look at my item (especially since I am updating them every 2-3 days), I find that the counters increment by one. It come up and tells me that I am the seller, so I cannot bid on it. I change the word or two, save it, and then view my auctions I am running and the views is incremented by 1. Just my experience.
    Faith
    (eBid newborn - Feb 2008)

My stores are currently:
    For Coins: http://us.ebid.net/stores/Toms-Fine-Coins
    For All other items: http://us.ebid.net/stores/Lost-Treasures

Forum Lurker
    View zapit65's Feedback (+57)
    All-About zapit65
    View zapit65's Listings
    Forum Posts

Personally I don't see the need for the general buying public to know how many times an item has been visited. I wish they would remove that feature.

And only sellers may need to know as it helps them to decide if they want to ramp up promotion.

Thanks.

Thread Information