eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: X*Sell Cross-Sell Gallery for eBid

alyak46141414

Quote Originally Posted by *artsbanquet* View Post
    My Ebid auctions, Ebid All About Page and Googleblog. You're a night bird like me!
    It's not that late here it's 11:00 PM

On the eBid pages make sure that you remove any existing code for the X*Sell gallery, the change your editor to text/html only in defaults.

Now open your about me and paste the code from X*Sell to the top or bottom, (might want to go to http://www.isdntek.com/tagbot/xsell_ebid.htm to make sure you have the latest version.
    That is what I did and it took me a couple of tries to get it to work. Remember there can only be one instance of it so if one doesn't work make sure you delete it before trying it again.

For Google's Blogger you have to pick the html/script widget for it to work. All I did there was paste it in once I they got it working. Now if you have some other html/script stuff running there maybe a conflict with some of the varibles.

Give that a try and see what happens.

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCrazyUK View Post
    I don't understand that - it looks OK when I look at it - does it depend what sort of internet explorer you are using whether it can be seen or not?
    I can see parts and things Slide show on Seamonkey!
    I cant get the code to work in my page I have not tried it on an Auction description as yet

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

Just setting up some of my 1 pound no reserve 1NR auctions - I was going to put a slideshow in them, then I realised that I can't create the slideshow until I have added the auctions, so I'll have to amend them once they're listed!

If you have an item which has got auto repost, does the url for the item change? ie do you need to redo the slideshow once the item has reposted, or does it keep the same link? I assume that if you manually repost an auction, it will come up with a different ID.

alyak46141414

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCrazyUK View Post
    Is it possible to save it somewhere and have it linking to your auctions, so that if you change the original, the others automatically change with it. eg if I have it in my 'all about' and copy this into my auctions, if I change my 'all about' all the existing ones change to reflect this. I want to try and paste the slideshow in as many places as possible, but as items sell, I will keep having to do them again - if I can save 'master' slideshows somewhere then I don't need to worry about maintaining them.
    The X*Sell Gallery is a client side script which means that the script is hosted locally and the only thing that it aquires from somewhere else is the images. The type of gallery you are talking about is a server side script that in most cases uses Flash to create the scrolling gallery. So the simple answer to your question is no this script will not do that.

Now if we could talk Auctavia into supporting eBid we could have what you are talking about. Or we need to talk G&M into creating one for us.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Gazza please pin this thread or make a new forum for applications which support ebid listings. i have to search for the thread almost daily!

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Originally Posted by ToyCrazyUK
    Is it possible to save it somewhere and have it linking to your auctions, so that if you change the original, the others automatically change with it. eg if I have it in my 'all about' and copy this into my auctions, if I change my 'all about' all the existing ones change to reflect this. I want to try and paste the slideshow in as many places as possible, but as items sell, I will keep having to do them again - if I can save 'master' slideshows somewhere then I don't need to worry about maintaining them.

Evening all!

I've been experimenting with the 'slide.com' slideshow on my 'About Me' page (I also use this on my 'MySpace'). For me, this seems to work quite well, as I have regular lines, so all I needed to do was to put as many images in as I wanted, (for auctions that I know will be relisted etc. if initially sold), and then just leave it to it. It's very quick and easy to use. It's also quite nice, because you can just 'click' on the slideshow (or link below, I think ), and ALL the images will be displayed.

All the best once again, Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

Thread Information