Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turbolister alternative

Unhappy

I'd like to use TL as well - I'm sorry to say that it's taking me a while learning to use the single-listing system on here after 5 years in 'the other place'!

For the description part I use Macromedia Contribute3, originally bought for ebays option pages. TL2 ads don't match in many ways my ebid ads, 614 px versus 800 pixel for example and many other things. First I throw the TL2 html into Contribute and do all the necessary changes. CT3 is a much more confortable editor with several undo levels than TL2 and ebid's advanced WYSIWYG. Next I export the resulting html and paste it into ebid's editor configured for html. I don't do any timeconsuming switching to WYSIWYG. The rest is just configuring the Buynow parameters, I rarely ever use auctions since upgrading to plat. As byproduct I have a nice archive of descriptions ready to be used on other sites.

That Ok if you have multiple items for one description, but if most of your items are all completely different that would be too much time & trouble to go through for each item. Nearly all the items we sell are different with few duplications, so we only want to type the description in once for each of them, thats why a turbolister type prog is ideal for us

alyak46141414

We don't use turbo lister on the other side as it requires Winders, which we don't use, but we do use an online service called Auctiva which lets us set up our lisitings and then post them or schedule them. The other nice feature of the site is that it also host your photos for you. Would like to see something like that on eBid.

Missed that thread somehow, The programme looks ideal, Has anyone used it?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo750 View Post
    If there is a big demand I may have a go at writing one ...Good practice for me..
    Please, please, please, please, please have a go at writing a programme!
    I'll be your best friend!!!!!!!!
    (well it works for my 6 year old son!)

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    StarTwinkleBooks

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi everyone,

I know the lack of lister software has been a major downfall of ours . We made one attempt but it was innadequate so was taken offline.

We are making another attempt at updating the old eBid Lister software as we speak. Problems with it were that it required excel to be installed which kind of defeated the object and also there were problems with the version of .Net libraries that users had installed on their computers.

We have recently update the Bulk Upload system to allow users to upload in real time instead of emailing in spreadsheets. This should ease some problems.

The main problem of importing auctions from other sites is that we need a complete list of category matches. eg. We have 5735 categories currently and we would need to match the ID number for each of these to the ID number of the other auction site to allow for posting into the correct categories on eBid. We may set up a page where users can help us do this, the more people who help the quicker we can get this done.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by interestingtreasures View Post
    Missed that thread somehow, The programme looks ideal, Has anyone used it?
    Sadly It's not ideal. see my response on the other thread http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.ph...80&postcount=9

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Hi everyone,

I know the lack of lister software has been a major downfall of ours . We made one attempt but it was innadequate so was taken offline.

We are making another attempt at updating the old eBid Lister software as we speak. Problems with it were that it required excel to be installed which kind of defeated the object and also there were problems with the version of .Net libraries that users had installed on their computers.

We have recently update the Bulk Upload system to allow users to upload in real time instead of emailing in spreadsheets. This should ease some problems.

The main problem of importing auctions from other sites is that we need a complete list of category matches. eg. We have 5735 categories currently and we would need to match the ID number for each of these to the ID number of the other auction site to allow for posting into the correct categories on eBid. We may set up a page where users can help us do this, the more people who help the quicker we can get this done.

Gazza
    Hi Gazza,
    not everyone who uses eBid & would like an eBid lister necessarily uses Turbo Lister (especially since the problems in v2).
    So would it not be better to have a fully working & functional eBid lister (equivalent of Turbo Lister) first, followed by a TL to EBid Lister converter as either a separate program or an addon. That way only the converter would need to be updated to take into account changes in categories on other sites.

While we're on categories, Gazza you haven't updated any for ages, or answered any category changes/revamp requests.
    hint hint
    Last edited by Gothicina; 18th August 2007 at 07:46 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Thread Information