Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Best Listing Practice for Title

alyak46141414

Default Best Listing Practice for Title

I am trying to figure out the best way to list items in my store, I mainly sell vintage auto parts both new & used,

Listing type #1

1966-69 Chevrolet Ignition Switch Pontiac 65-67

Listing type #2

Ignition Switch Chevrolet 1966-69 Pontiac 65-67

Just to be clear we are talking about the title here. Here are my 2 train of thoughts.

If I use LT#1 then all parts for 1966-69 Chevrolet or what ever will be listed together.

If I use LT#2 then all the Ignition switches will all be listed together for all years and makes.

I only use categories for the mfg such as GM, Ford, Mopar, etc because many of the parts fit different makes and models by the same mfg.

I'm thinking that from a sales stand point it might be better using LT#1 as that way other parts for the same year car would be more or less grouped together. But I also want to make it a good experience for the user so I am torn.

So I the skinny is which way do you thing would be best?

Thanks

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by partsandthings View Post
    I am trying to figure out the best way to list items in my store, I mainly sell vintage auto parts both new & used,

Listing type #1

Listing type #2

Just to be clear we are talking about the title here. Here are my 2 train of thoughts.

If I use LT#1 then all parts for 1966-69 Chevrolet or what ever will be listed together.

If I use LT#2 then all the Ignition switches will all be listed together for all years and makes.

I only use categories for the mfg such as GM, Ford, Mopar, etc because many of the parts fit different makes and models by the same mfg.

I'm thinking that from a sales stand point it might be better using LT#1 as that way other parts for the same year car would be more or less grouped together. But I also want to make it a good experience for the user so I am torn.

Thanks
    Hi Allen,

I tend to think LT#1 would be your best option because I think people looking will be more apt to be wanting more than one part for the same type of car than they will be wanting more of the same part for other cars.

Hope that made sense.

Peggy
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by partsandthings View Post

Listing type #1

Listing type #2

Thanks
    I'm not really sure about how they would show in the searches,but when I am looking for parts for my van,I always put the make first then the type.(Bedford CF)

alyak46141414

Personally when I am looking for car parts I use yr/make/part description. Not sure if the order makes any difference when doing a search. I was more concerned with how it would be listed on eBid and in my store.

Word order makes no difference to the search engine unless the words are enclosed in quotes.

For example, Celtic folksongs is exactly the same as folksongs Celtic but "Celtic folksongs" and "folksongs Celtic" produce different results.
    Last edited by damian_steele; 12th August 2007 at 11:20 PM.

Thread Information