eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: A Great Welcomed Auction Site

Forum Newbie
    View jockeyno1's Feedback (+40)
    All-About jockeyno1
    View jockeyno1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile A Great Welcomed Auction Site

About time there was another Auction Site; Ebay ends here!

Forum Newbie
    View ktorient's Feedback (+126)
    All-About ktorient
    View ktorient's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to eBid jockeyno1. Hope you enjoy this auction site where people are extremely friendly.
    Please have a look at my auctions:

DVD and CD's

Books

Forum Lurker
    View ChrisJane's Feedback (+272)
    All-About ChrisJane
    View ChrisJane's Listings
    Forum Posts

I love eBid too - especially when I get the reserve met e-mails - sadly they're not as frequent as I'd like - I sell for family & friends & in the last 6 months I've sold 16 items on eBid (but over 400 on FeeBay) - I really need to shift stuff quickly & efficiently and would dearly love to give FeeBay the heave-ho.

Smile Promoting eBid

Hi Guys. I also agree that eBid is a very welcome change from the arrogance of eBay and their ridiculous charges, fee's and attitude in general.

The big question is how can we help to promote eBid as a viable alternative?

I have emailed all my friends and they in turn have emailed their friends.

I agree the only thing negative with eBid at present is the lack of member numbers. How can we all work together to change that?

Garry

Forum Lurker
    View artlandish's Feedback (+19)
    All-About artlandish
    View artlandish's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

I love EBid too and really want this site to work. I send out a flyer with all my Ebay sales telling buyers they can buy items here cheaper and get good purchases.
    Other sellers have also come up with great ideas like submitting your Ebid store to search engines, using the free £30 google adword voucher to promote your Ebid store, using yahoo groups to talk about Ebid, writing about your experience of Ebid on Ciao, and nykmedia even has a newsletter which lists Ebid stores and the list goes on.....

"I have emailed all my friends and they in turn have emailed their friends." I don't know if anyone has ever read the "Alfred Hitchcock and the Three Investigators Series"(one of my childhood faves), but that form of marketing reminds me of the "ghost-to-ghost hook-up".

For buyers and sellers, this is the place to be!

Hi all, new to these boards, just finding my way about, was thinking about selling on ebay when I saw an ad for this site in a magazine, glad I choose this one now instead of ebay, seems to be a lot of unhappy sellers there.

Good luck to you all. Happy Selling.

Quote Originally Posted by babybasket View Post
    Hi all, new to these boards, just finding my way about, was thinking about selling on ebay when I saw an ad for this site in a magazine, glad I choose this one now instead of ebay, seems to be a lot of unhappy sellers there.

Good luck to you all. Happy Selling.
    oooooooooooh what magazine was it?

it was in an issue of computer active, great mag. for advise on computers & problems, have their own website too which gives lots of free downloads. They did a good piece on ebid, good enough for me to go looking. know that they have back issues on their website.

Thread Information