eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Do I leave a negative ?

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Do I leave a negative ?

I wrote a cheque for the goods I won 13th April , The seller left me a positive, but in the meantime have found she has been struck off for selling copies? and not delivering goods.

My winning auction was for the same copied ? DVD's

I have been lucky enough to catch the cheque before it was presented and stopped it. The bank has listed it as Stolen Goods.

Question is do I leave the seller a neg or not.

Quote Originally Posted by thehoneyant View Post
    I wrote a cheque for the goods I won 13th April , The seller left me a positive, but in the meantime have found she has been struck off for selling copies? and not delivering goods.

My winning auction was for the same copied ? DVD's

I have been lucky enough to catch the cheque before it was presented and stopped it. The bank has listed it as Stolen Goods.

Question is do I leave the seller a neg or not.
    Yes, just in case she is only temporarily suspended & manages to come back.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Pirating DVD's is a crime, I reckon you should surrender these DVD's to the police and offer the sellers name and address, they may wish to take matters further.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Most definately a Neg. Also either report it to your local trading standards or here http://www.reportpiracy.co.uk/

Good Luck
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Definitely post a negative, if they come back it might help someone else to not get ripped off.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had the misfortune to buy what turned out to be a fake & falsely advertised DVD from an EBID seller who still sells here. After the seller refused to refund my money I left negative feedback. The seller left retaliatory feedback. I complained to EBID, EBID removed their neg from my record.. and my neg from theirs!!!!

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hughejars View Post
    Pirating DVD's is a crime, I reckon you should surrender these DVD's to the police and offer the sellers name and address, they may wish to take matters further.
    If I had them I would,
    Vigilance is the game, On the Q & A of the auction the seller stated they were genuine, after I won the item and posted off the cheque, I noticed that the same were advertised in the happy hour auction. these have turned out to be copies.

I was fortunately able to stop the cheque, but the seller did not sent the goods anyway......... I just feel for those who have been duped and lost money in the process. One being over £100

Well thats at least better than over on feepay, I paid £9 for a dvd for my brothers b'day, only to find it was a (very poor, scratched) copy that wouldnt even play.

paypal did give me my money back but I got a pile of abuse from the seller by email for days and he left me a negative (my one and only) which annoyed me as I was a seller and did my best to keep customers happy

feepay refused to remove the negative and told me I needed to take the guy to court for libel before they'd remove it

Shame ebid removed the negative you left to warn others and let him carry on selling!

Thread Information