eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need to change the buddy point system

View slinkyri's Feedback (+2931)
    All-About slinkyri
    View slinkyri's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nykmedia View Post
    I am on the buddy points league this month and it's the first time I have been there. Buddy points are about eBid buddies and if people are getting rewarded for signing up friends then it doesn't take a genius to work out how to keep any alleged scammers off that front page... go out and get more buddies to sign up! How difficult can it be to drum up a few new sign ups for eBid, bag yourself some buddy points and keep reputable eBidders on the front page? A solitary silver sign up can award you 3 full points and a single platinum sign up can award you 8 full points... 11 points! That's one more point than the number one slot has right now.
    Newcomers will never catch up with the feedback scores some of you have on here because we didn't all transfer our scores from the other auctions, so that is an unfair system. Points via buying/selling is unfair because that leans constantly towards those selling expensive items and is open for instant abuse, as per the scandals attached to 'the other side' with fake bidding taking place.
    I think the current system is serving its purpose - it is showing how hard some of us work at trying to get people to join eBid and stick around long enough to enjoy being here. I am sure that is what the whole buddy point system is about right now but I am not sure how I'll manage 100+ platinum sign ups in time to bid for the 42" plasma screen TV.
    just on that point Susan. This is a selling platform and I for one am running a business apart from my auctions on Ebid. With that in mind it is not viable or possible for me to go out recruiting members for Ebid. I don't have time - end of.

Does that mean that we will continue to advertise and promote our scammers et al because I cannot afford to work to keep them off by running around trying to get new members?????

I don't have any time to do unpaid work.

What about just a link to the scammers instead of giving them front page?? Would you not be happy with that? I know it would do our sales a power of good to get them off front page that's all.

You say the current system is serving it's purpose - I disagree. Making a list of the top buddies of Ebid which is half full of scammers and then putting them on front page is suicide in my opinion.

As we are not going to agree - why can't a link to this list be put there instead
    Last edited by slinkyri; 15th April 2007 at 07:29 PM.

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Check out the Canadian Buddy League table..
    0.01 gets you on the chart!

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

Thread Information