Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MP3 players & Speakers

Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View PATRIOT73's Feedback (+173)
    All-About PATRIOT73
    View PATRIOT73's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Petesmovies4auction View Post
    Thanks Jay.... got a car stereo place close to here will go along on Monday n check it out

any ideas on fixing mp3 player up with speakers at home?
    get 2way adapter for head fone socket
    "WALKING IS DEFINITELY OVERRATED"

Quote Originally Posted by PATRIOT73 View Post
    get 2way adapter for head fone socket
    im on about big bass speakers not the little portable ones..... figure i still need some cables though

not paying 79p per track to burn to cd.. wtf thats the same if not more expensive than buying from the shops... dont the idiots realise thats why people download illegally.. cuz cds too f****** expensive

yes , you can do all of what you want,if you have tape player in car, its easy to connect mp3 player, only fools pay79p a track to burn to c/d
    yes you can use speakers, use your p/c speakers,
    Last edited by silkcityuk2; 25th March 2007 at 06:31 AM.

Does anyone know if its possible to connect an mp3 player to an amplifier and then to speakers? and if its possible to connect an mp3 player to car speakers?

I signed up to Napster and can download unlimited songs to my pc and mp3 player but it costs 79p per track to burn them to cd...... Figure someone must have found a way to connect mp3 players to large speakers and to a car stereo system to avoid cds.

Any ideas?
    how about burn them from the mp3 player, it wont cost a penny then

try one of these
    they do every thing you want
    http://www.roadstar.com/newsite/inde...ist&id_fam=113

Hayling Island, Hampshire, United Kingdom
    View Fossy's Feedback (+826)
    All-About Fossy
    View Fossy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up MP3's and Big Sounds

Does anyone know if its possible to connect an mp3 player to an amplifier and then to speakers? and if its possible to connect an mp3 player to car speakers?

I signed up to Napster and can download unlimited songs to my pc and mp3 player but it costs 79p per track to burn them to cd...... Figure someone must have found a way to connect mp3 players to large speakers and to a car stereo system to avoid cds.

Any ideas?
    This is no problem at all -
    1. If your car radio has a line input at the back (usually phono sockets) all you need is a patch lead with 2 male phono plugs at 1 end and a 3.5mm stereo jack plug at the other. Alternatively some radios have a 3.5mm socket on the front to take an input from an MP3 player. I have a Sony which has the input socket on the front and will also play mp3's burnt to a CD (approx 12 albums at 192 kbps). Halfords have them for £70 at the moment.
    2. To connect to your home stereo is very similar on the rear of the amplifier you should have a pair of phono sockets for auxilliary in (unless its a real cheapo system) use the same connector I mentioned above (jack plug to phono plugs), plug in, select auxilliary in from the front panel, pump up the volume and off you go. You cannot plug the player directly into a set of speakers as the inbuilt amplifier will not have enough power to drive them. You must put an amplifier between the player and the speakers.
    3. If you download MP3 tracks to your PC, you can either burn them direct to CD as MP3's or convert them to wav files to burn to a CD for playing in normal players. The files can also be copied to your MP3 player. The cost of a CD is around 19p if bought in bulk so your only expense would be in paying for your legally downloaded tracks. I'm sure no one on the KT would suggest you download tracks illegally as that will not cost you anything and we know you like to pay your way.
    I do not bother with the MP3 player in the car but just use MP3 CDs as the quality is a bit better. You dont have to worry then if someone breaks into your car and steals copied Cd's as you can always burn more, but if you leave your MP3 player there and that gets nicked, its a lot more expensive and you could lose all of your MP3 collection.

If I'm listening to music at home I will always use a properly burnt CD as I am a bit of an audiophile and have a good system, but if friends come around for the evening, I set up a playlist n the MP3 player and let it run uninterrupted for the whole evening.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by fossy7; 25th March 2007 at 07:30 AM.
    Chris
    (The sex & drugs have gone, but the rock 'n roll lives on)

Listen to Fossy on the Mojo Fingers Blues Show - Every weekday from 7 till 8pm

If Harmonica players don't blow - they suck.

A couple of options from Halfords for car stereos that have an AUX input for MP3 players:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...tegoryrn_31445 (£70)

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...tegoryrn_31445 (£80)

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...tegoryrn_31445 (£125, has Ipod input compatibility)

Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View PATRIOT73's Feedback (+173)
    All-About PATRIOT73
    View PATRIOT73's Listings
    Forum Posts
    "WALKING IS DEFINITELY OVERRATED"

Quote Originally Posted by fossy7 View Post
    This is no problem at all -
    1. If your car radio has a line input at the back (usually phono sockets) all you need is a patch lead with 2 male phono plugs at 1 end and a 3.5mm stereo jack plug at the other. Alternatively some radios have a 3.5mm socket on the front to take an input from an MP3 player. I have a Sony which has the input socket on the front and will also play mp3's burnt to a CD (approx 12 albums at 192 kbps). Halfords have them for £70 at the moment.
    2. To connect to your home stereo is very similar on the rear of the amplifier you should have a pair of phono sockets for auxilliary in (unless its a real cheapo system) use the same connector I mentioned above (jack plug to phono plugs), plug in, select auxilliary in from the front panel, pump up the volume and off you go. You cannot plug the player directly into a set of speakers as the inbuilt amplifier will not have enough power to drive them. You must put an amplifier between the player and the speakers.
    3. If you download MP3 tracks to your PC, you can either burn them direct to CD as MP3's or convert them to wav files to burn to a CD for playing in normal players. The files can also be copied to your MP3 player. The cost of a CD is around 19p if bought in bulk so your only expense would be in paying for your legally downloaded tracks. I'm sure no one on the KT would suggest you download tracks illegally as that will not cost you anything and we know you like to pay your way.
    I do not bother with the MP3 player in the car but just use MP3 CDs as the quality is a bit better. You dont have to worry then if someone breaks into your car and steals copied Cd's as you can always burn more, but if you leave your MP3 player there and that gets nicked, its a lot more expensive and you could lose all of your MP3 collection.

If I'm listening to music at home I will always use a properly burnt CD as I am a bit of an audiophile and have a good system, but if friends come around for the evening, I set up a playlist n the MP3 player and let it run uninterrupted for the whole evening.

Hope this helps.
    why on earth would anybody pay79p to download 1 track,as pete has allready said its a rip off

as for sharewere, the jury is still out
    if you are only borrowing whats ilegal about that
    if its for your own personal use and you are not making a profit
    its difficult to say either way
    but untill its definately ilegal i will continue to use the site i use

i paid £15 for a lead that goes from the back of my car stereo into my mp3 player, took minutes to fit and works a treat so there is no need to fork out for a car stereo that has a usb socket
    you can NEVER have too many pairs of shoes...

₪ ø lll ·o.

Happiness Is Like Strawberry Jam, You Can't Spread Even A Little Bit Of It, Without Getting Some On Yourself!

thank you everyone

79p per track on top of £15 a month membership is ridiculous..... works out more expensive than the shops The £15 membership to download is pretty good, great choice of songs that are continually updated plus you can listen to the each song, full quality before you download.. takes around 5 seconds to buffer......

I only use cds for the car and for my home stereo system, pc speakers are good, have a small subwoofer but no where near as good as my stereo system so providing i dont lose too much quality i am going to skip cds completely....

Thread Information