Forum Newbie
    Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View chrislight99's Feedback (+10340)
    All-About chrislight99
    View chrislight99's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Giving Money away.....

Thanks for your comments mjh .

If fees were on sales only and fixed at, say, 5% then the "dent" would be the same whatever value you had sold [pro rata].

So your £2 sale would attract a 10p deduct and £5 would attract 25p.
    If the fees were at 3% deductions would be less still.

Just on the point of listing fees - this is the primary reason why I do not sell on Ebay.

Chris L
    My lots of: stamps, cards, and similar: http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...arch&type=user

Forum Newbie
    Burry Port, Carmarthenshire, United Kingdom
    View zodiac73's Feedback (+12)
    All-About zodiac73
    View zodiac73's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just got here, and one of the attractions is that it's free to list unless you want "frills".
    This I like a lot.

If my stuff doesnt sell I dont want to be racking up fees, or i'd be just as well off not selling it. Remember that many auctions on eBid have zero bidders atm.... a situation that will change with time I hope of course

Keep it free, and make money on the side from the massive traffic you will eventually attract (banners, sponsors, blah blah). Hold in there and the coin will come soon enough guys

Quote Originally Posted by chrislight99

I would very much like to see Ebid and similar level auctions be able to develop larger customer bases and so provide competition to the Evil Ebay Empire [EEE!]. I would hate to see Ebid suddenly "hit the buffers" because backing funds are exhausted and no consistent income stream has been developed...

Regards,

Chris L
    There is always the option of investers, that could be considered now that ebid is on the up and up, seems like a decent risk that someone might be willing to take now.

Frances

Forum Newbie
    Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View chrislight99's Feedback (+10340)
    All-About chrislight99
    View chrislight99's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, I'm not adverse to some investing and Ebid's proposals may well be worth a look - should the boys ever want to attract shareholders or similar! :wink:

Meanwhile I'm v happy it's free to list [basic], but I've no problem with a small percentage fee on sales. In fact, I think that is preferable to tinkering with fees for certain image uploads as Gazza [I believe] has been suggesting elsewhere.

Like everyone else though, I'm completely against any form of generic listing fee! :cry: :cry:

Chris L
    My lots of: stamps, cards, and similar: http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...arch&type=user

Thread Information