eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Combined Postage invoices

View Hip Chick's Feedback (+407)
    All-About Hip Chick
    View Hip Chick's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scanjet1954 View Post
    That's why I prefer to sell and buy using Paypal. I know the seller has to pay a cost for the privilege of using Paypal but it is ideal for the buyer, costing them nothing, and I would rather have sales than lose custom. If the buyer is going to be stung for charges then they are not going to get the bargain they thought they had bought.
    I agree 100% Shelagh

I feel that its down to the seller to take on the costs for selling the items, not down to the buyer having to pay extra.

If the seller is prepared to suffer the costs for an electronic payment, instead of putting people off PPPay, why not just take the 49p off the postage charge for the buyer and invoice them for the reduced amount? That way the seller takes the hit but still gets the sale.

Alternatively, if the problem really is that you just don't think such a charge is justified . . . . . . .

Kettering, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View scanjet1954's Feedback (+1757)
    All-About scanjet1954
    View scanjet1954's Listings
    Forum Posts

I dont think the buyer should be expected to pay a charge as well as the seller

Quote Originally Posted by scanjet1954 View Post
    I dont think the buyer should be expected to pay a charge as well as the seller
    Don't you think that seller's on eBay already add in the cost of PayPal fees to the auction costs? Buyers are always paying the fee whether they realise it or not.

Kettering, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View scanjet1954's Feedback (+1757)
    All-About scanjet1954
    View scanjet1954's Listings
    Forum Posts

Which is why we need to encourage buyers to this site by offering lower costs

The point I am making is that buyers are already used paying the fees for the electronic transaction, so there's no reason not to use PPPay if that is your only concern. Just point out to them that the auction price is already lower than an eBay equivalent because the transaction fee is taken separately instead of in with the item price.

THEN you make the overall auction cost lower anyway because you no longer have to stump up the huge fees that you would on eBay.

Thread Information