My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mystery Auctions

lol...well as a seller your not supposed to pay what you sell for...defeats the purpose doesnt it?? I am able to give more than the final bid because i have inventory, i am smart enough to make money not lose it, plenty of places to get things discounted and in mass amounts to get great deals...and turn around and sell for much higher than you paid for it...perhaps some should realize not matter what you do in life it takes a little to make alot and well if you are not starting with much of anything your not selling much of anything, and if your looking for online sales as a career YOU NEED INVENTORY!! I have a established business and i did not get that not knowing what appeals to buyers! Damian if you search for the killer deals and jump on them, your able to please buyer alot more than you think...and that apllies to most sellers...gotta have a little to make alot though!! for those that dont...doesnt mean you wont get there just means its a longer process!! my name is joanna...i am super friendly but i say it like it is...so i hope not to step on any toes!!!

dont like the idea of mystery auctions here on ebid - think it could lead to upset buyers and unscrupulous (sp.) sellers

ideal for the YDC auctions though maybe

lisa
    Lisa

Feedback left when payment received
    FREE POST ON ALL ORDERS

Free Pack of UK Wildflower seeds sent with every order throughout 2023

-------------------------------------------------------
    A smile is a curve that can set things straight!

Quote Originally Posted by donkeyote View Post
    Who would want to bid on these auctions?

Probably the same people who buy "Lucky Dip" items at shows and fetes LOL.

I have a friends on the craft fair circuit who do "lucky dips", they put the same things in the parcels as they would sell normally (and at the same price - so if something would normally sell at £2 they would charge £2 for the lucky dip) and people do buy them. Seems daft to me, but there you go, some people have success with it.

I like to know what I am getting though so I would never buy anything like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kateuk View Post
    Probably the same people who buy "Lucky Dip" items at shows and fetes LOL.

I have a friends on the craft fair circuit who do "lucky dips", they put the same things in the parcels as they would sell normally (and at the same price - so if something would normally sell at £2 they would charge £2 for the lucky dip) and people do buy them. Seems daft to me, but there you go, some people have success with it.

I like to know what I am getting though so I would never buy anything like this.
    We have a few annual music fests locally & there is usually a charity stall that have buckets of lucky dips at each one, when my Granddaughter was younger i'd go off for a walk with her & a couple of her friends, when i wanted to buy them a little treat, the lucky dips were perfect, it saved me standing at a stall for ages while 3 or more indecisive kids tried to choose something, they liked to unwrap their toy & compare with each other & it was for charity, it was a win/win situation for me & the kids liked them.

It would be riskier though on an auction site, how many times have you seen feedback that says 'not as described'? if the item was fully described & the buyer wasn't happy, there's more chance of not being happy with the purchase if it isn't described at all.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Thread Information