Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Will you be upgrading to Platinum?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!!, Gimme, gimme ,gimme now!

35 77.78%
  • Yes, but at a later date

0 0%
  • Maybe, dpends on some things

8 17.78%
  • Nope, never, ever ever ever

2 4.44%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Platinum - will you upgrade?

Just something I want to say before I leave this thread.

This is a very exciting time for Ebid, with the site revamp, and the extra investment. I hope I am not putting a dampener on it with my comments above. They are just my honest feelings and spoken from the heart. I am going to cross my fingers and hope I am wrong, and nothing will make me happier than to see Ebid as a serious rival to the "Other Side" by this time next year. Good luck everyone!

Forum Lurker
    View MrsMuffy's Feedback (+199)
    All-About MrsMuffy
    View MrsMuffy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just make sure you think about the extra payment quickly because it goes down to times 9 and then times 8 etc for each day so in a few days you would not have enough in the kitty to pay for the upgrade
    Do you need some wicks for your oil lamp or paraffin heater? then Why not visit my Ebid store http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Mouse-Trap

If you are not a member of Ebid,and wish to join please press this linkhttp://uk.ebid.net/buddy/265598

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi just4gfgem,

I have heard before that the membership fee will deter some new members and I think that is right but there will be some that will take time to look at it for the long term and see it for a good thing.

As for the seller, if they are only selling a few items they really could do so very easily with a free membership and pay the fvf (when it sells). Using myself as a seller -- I have 168 items listed right now on eBid and about twice as much on my website but I have nothing listed on ebay. It is costing me nothing to have these listed on eBid to run until they are sold except for the membership price (it will cost a small fee when they sell as I choose to use the gallery option). I can afford that but I cannot afford to list even the 168 items on ebay for 7 days as I am sure most of them would not sell within the 7 day period and the cost for the one week on ebay would be far more than the $229.99 Platinum lifetime membership fee on eBid.

Some new members may look at the membership price and run because they don't think about long term but buyers do not have to pay anything to buy. I have stated before that I strongly feel that the things in the Platinum level that will help BUYERS should be available to all levels. I agree we need more sellers but we can have all the sellers that sell listing on this site and it will not make a sale if there are no buyers.

I do hope you take the reduced priced Platinum membership because I think the time will come when this will be a site that is good for both sellers and buyers.

This is a site where I feel like the owners care and the members are willing to help and are usually friendly and enjoyable doing so. You are one of those friendly and caring people so please stay.

Peggy
    Last edited by ropegg; 16th December 2006 at 07:40 PM.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Hi
    I wasn't going to upgrade immediately as having only glanced at the 'free' criteria ie. everyone with gold life would be eligble - it hadn't dawned on me (paying for 90 days a time) that I would get anything off - so I was pleasantly surprised to find my upgrade would cost 10.19 which has got to value for money.

My items are also ones that don't sell immediately but need to stay listed over a period of time, so the 'eBid' way suits me.

Would cost a fortune to list on YaBe - I know, I've been there, done that, got the hat.

So thank you guys for doing this - I saw Gazza was on line, so I'm sure he will take on board what has been said

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree with just4gfgem, we are going into "powertrader" territory here. But without one vital ingredient, the buyers.

I can see the potential benefits from upgrading, but I am in my 3rd month of Gold and so far have nothing to show for it. This is despite regularly checking my prices against my competitors and adjusting where necessary.

Up untill now I've had 2 one month fees and am 1 month into a 3 month membership, I can't really afford to keep putting money in hoping that something might happen sometime. At the moment I may as well have put the money in my savings account.

I agree with just4gems and the have and have not guy. I am a part time seller that has been trying out ebid at the silver level since July and don't sell enough to justify the gold lifetime membership. I don't agree with keeping back the bulk loader and paypal invoicing system from the silvers. Most of the competing auction sites offer these things for free so Ebid will be at a disadvantage at least over here in the US. I still like Ebid and will continue buying and selling as a silver but the bulk of my new listings will be going to other sites for now.

Quote Originally Posted by eastwood4450 View Post
    I agree with just4gems and the have and have not guy. I am a part time seller that has been trying out ebid at the silver level since July and don't sell enough to justify the gold lifetime membership. I don't agree with keeping back the bulk loader and paypal invoicing system from the silvers. Most of the competing auction sites offer these things for free so Ebid will be at a disadvantage at least over here in the US. I still like Ebid and will continue buying and selling as a silver but the bulk of my new listings will be going to other sites for now.
    Yes, and ALL other sites charge a lot more in fees whether you are a basic user or a powerseller. Are you saying it is fair to be charged top rate whether you are a major player or a weekend wonder?

This is the only site (that I know of) where the little guy has the option to pay nothing and the big guns get a discount rate (compared to other sites) even when they run hundreds or thousands of auctions.

If this isn't a fair system, you point me to one that is.

Forum Lurker
    View lucylauraphil3's Feedback (+50)
    All-About lucylauraphil3
    View lucylauraphil3's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up

A lot of folks are saying that because they don't have many sales, it is not worth upgrading BUT when you do get a sale it will be a lot smoother for the buyer, which will encourage them to buy again ,and having a 'proper' invoice is a must if you want to look professional.

I have had 23 sales on Ebid and I am grateful for the chance to be in at the start of the new features that will help my business grow, I have accepted the upgrade with thanks, and look forward to more sales !

Forum Lurker
    View lucylauraphil3's Feedback (+50)
    All-About lucylauraphil3
    View lucylauraphil3's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wink

Hi Eastwood4450,

"" I don't agree with keeping back the bulk loader and paypal invoicing system from the silvers. Most of the competing auction sites offer these things for free ""

I can't agree with your comment above.
    Ebay don't give ANYTHING away for free!!

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by lucylauraphil3 View Post
    A lot of folks are saying that because they don't have many sales, it is not worth upgrading BUT when you do get a sale it will be a lot smoother for the buyer, which will encourage them to buy again ,and having a 'proper' invoice is a must if you want to look professional.

I have had 23 sales on Ebid and I am grateful for the chance to be in at the start of the new features that will help my business grow, I have accepted the upgrade with thanks, and look forward to more sales !
    It is easy for you to say that the idea is good, but as I have had no sales or even a sniff of one yet. I find it difficult to justify the repeat golds, let alone £140+ for the privilige of possibly selling something in the future.

I'm not sure where I'm going wrong, I have 100% both here & on feebay; and regularly check that my items are competitive, also I keep my postage to a minimum.

Thread Information