eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Gazza & Mark do you have a timescale yet?

I thought you only get charged for gallery if the item sells? (If you are a gold member) I put a gallery photo on all my listings and have only been charged when an item sells.

Thats another damn silly charge aswell, you should not be charged for thumbnail images period. Free images are provided anyway, so thumbnail images are simply a more basic thing to show potential buyers a tiny pic of it before hand. Its noway linked to cost, and is actually a rip off. Put other rates up if needs be, but ditch all together charging for thumbnails its ridiculous. Don't discourage and hold back such a simple essential thing online shopping, thumbnail images - to see what your buying whilst browsing products.

I actually think this is the single most biggest, yet simplest problem with ebid. Its not a charge linked to cost (especially with a %) it discourages thumbnails meaning 80% of the entire site has no images merely text which is unattractive to potential buyers, for many a simple immediate turn off. Seeing mini images aswell as plain text when shopping online is an essential thing most online shopper expect. By ridiculously charging for, hence dramatically discouraging and leaving low the amount of items without thumbnails, ebid are ripping of sellers with an unfair charge, putting off buyers, and holding back growth and revenue, its crazy.
    Last edited by Ready4UGoods; 11th October 2006 at 09:23 PM.

I dont think there is anything wrong with charging 5p for the Thumbnail image, IF the item sells

As I am a gold member, I dont mind paying a whole 5p if I make a sale. Its a superb fee to pay compared to ebay. Ebay charge you for EVERYTHING.

Nothing wrong with ebid fees whats so ever. IMOP.

i have listed hundreds of items with a Gallery picture at 5p a time and all it has got me is a large bill from ebid and not much else...

I use a gallery image for all my auctions, you don't pay for it unless your item sells, so why has it cost you?

Thats another damn silly charge aswell, you should not be charged for thumbnail images period. Free images are provided anyway, so thumbnail images are simply a more basic thing to show potential buyers a tiny pic of it before hand. Its noway linked to cost, and is actually a rip off. Put other rates up if needs be, but ditch all together charging for thumbnails its ridiculous. Don't discourage and hold back such a simple essential thing online shopping, thumbnail images - to see what your buying whilst browsing products.

I actually think this is the single most biggest, yet simplest problem with ebid. Its not a charge linked to cost (especially with a %) it discourages thumbnails meaning 80% of the entire site has no images merely text which is unattractive to potential buyers, for many a simple immediate turn off. Seeing mini images aswell as plain text when shopping online is an essential thing most online shopper expect. By ridiculously charging for, hence dramatically discouraging and leaving low the amount of items without thumbnails, ebid are ripping of sellers with an unfair charge,
    The reason a lot of the site has no gallery images is that a lot of the sellers have silver membership & can't use them. You need to be a gold member to have gallery pictures.
    I don't find the charge unreasonable, after all it's 15p irrespective of the price of your item on feebay.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 11th October 2006 at 10:16 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

View BLOXBOOKS's Feedback (+5010)
    All-About BLOXBOOKS
    View BLOXBOOKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am curious to see the improvements, but a couple of points in this thread, eBid needs more items listed, I think the amount of things for sale impacts on the amount of traffic eBid gets, yes for sure some ads and/or promotion to get more traffic would be great.....in another thread there was comment about the number of shops with 0 or very few items, some auction sites state a minimum stock level for shops this may be a thing that need some attention.
    The other point is making things simpler, I have had a couple of comments from people who use auction sites and they thought some things here were a little confusing, but maybe the improvements willl solve some of these issues.

in another thread there was comment about the number of shops with 0 or very few items, some auction sites state a minimum stock level for shops this may be a thing that need some attention.
    Maybe a reminder to put your shop offline when it doesn't have any stock in it. On the My eBid Login Page.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ladylauraac View Post
    I dont think there is anything wrong with charging 5p for the Thumbnail image, IF the item sells

As I am a gold member, I dont mind paying a whole 5p if I make a sale. Its a superb fee to pay compared to ebay. Ebay charge you for EVERYTHING.

Nothing wrong with ebid fees whats so ever. IMOP.
    I agree...

That's the even more fundamental point. On-line shopping and thumbnail images go hand in hand on the modern web, the amount of products out there, and how basic, intuitive, and attractive a simple preview image is. Its standard in making attractive, intuitive, and easy on the eyes browsing lists of products with the hope of buying one or more the easier and more attractive it is.

There's a huge negative impact therefore with the majority of sellers on a shopping site, not even being able have a simple preview image, its criminal. 80+% of products on a shopping site not having preview images, its simply criminal, a major shot in the foot and puts it way behind other basic online shopping sites.

Take away a common helpful feature of online shopping such as a preview image to grasp what you can potentially buy, results in LESS BUYERS, LESS SALES, LESS REVENUE.

All sellers should be able to have preview images, disabling only has a negative impact. In any case free images are provided on auction pages anyway, so why not a preview image, it results in auctions not even being looked at in the first place thus no sale.

Gold Sellers should also not have to pay for such a basic thing as a tiny preview image, when they like all sellers get a totally much larger free image anyhow. Its not based on the cost, so if anything should be a flat rate of 10p for example, but isnt even that. A charge proportionate to the price of the item should be a final value fee/similar, not a fee for the same pic all get regardless, and costs the shopping the same regardless. This is something ebay itself does, charges for something a various changing figure despite the fact its a simple feature the cost to them stays the same for.

In the end by making this shopping site even basic in terms of having common preview images, its only increasing sales and ultimately revenue for the shopping site.

This is the only thing wrong with ebid fee's. This is a fee dramatically discouraging a basic thing online shoppers are used to, helps them, and results in them buying more. Its also a fee not based on cost. Have a very small final value fee or similar of some sort, don't discourage a basic online shopping feature and charge for it various prices, when you've given it for free within the auction, and the preview image costs you the same regardless.

If you took preview images out of any top shopping site like ebay, or amazon, sales would reduce as its a basic thing to help make easier, more intuitive, and attractive finding and shopping for items. ebay, amazon, virtually every top shopping site knows, shows and has developed from such user friendliness because of this, not ebid sadly.

90%+ and growing of all significant shopping sites have preview images, its basic. eBid doesn't have this basic thing, as a result less user friendly and attractive to buyers, and why its in the shrinking minority being left behind.

Eventually every significant shopping site will have a preview image, if eBid doesnt, its simply never going to develop throughout the global online shopping market to the degree it otherwise would.
    Last edited by Ready4UGoods; 11th October 2006 at 10:57 PM.

Nr. Bradford, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View e_nviable's Feedback (+584)
    All-About e_nviable
    View e_nviable's Listings
    Forum Posts

Criminal ? 5p a rip off ? I don't think so !

You make the odd valid point, but most of what you say appears to be coming from your nether regions.

Gazza and Mark (eBid) are the least likely rip-off merchants I've ever come across

e

View onlinegifts's Feedback (+501)
    All-About onlinegifts
    View onlinegifts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile i luv ebid !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stitchysyl View Post
    I agree...

whats wrong with paying if it sells??????

On feebay you pay for gallery and everything eles..here you only pay when it sells so much cheaper than the other side as if you sold zero your bill would not be free!!

I know my feebay bill is high and ebid bill is low and I sell alot of items on both sides but like EBID better.
    BIG SALE now on in my Bargain Shop

http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...tle-girls-Shop

Usborne books at home Mummy says its only 5.00 to join till 9th March.
    PM me for details xxx

Thread Information