eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what would you do? LOL!

View onlinegifts's Feedback (+501)
    All-About onlinegifts
    View onlinegifts's Listings
    Forum Posts

noooo, that does not work....
    they say sorry yes I know but I get money next week...etc and I will buy you a box to replace what I owe and more....you feel guilty as its only a tee bag!! and you never see a box!!

I lived in a dodgy area once...not for long I got out, no thanks to housing people I was 18 so they dumped me in a dump!!
    so I know the games,tricks and excuses far to well as I ghave had all sorts living near me and I do realy feel sorry for op as its there is nothing worse than not wanting to open your own front door....and it does get like this as like op it is hard to say (beep) off!!! as no is far to nice :>)

not having a go Anichka54 as I luv you really as you were one of the 1st to help me, but I know personaly what hell it can be.

sorry for going on....going now xx
    BIG SALE now on in my Bargain Shop

http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...tle-girls-Shop

Usborne books at home Mummy says its only 5.00 to join till 9th March.
    PM me for details xxx

Quote Originally Posted by onlinegifts View Post
    noooo, that does not work....
    they say sorry yes I know but I get money next week...etc and I will buy you a box to replace what I owe and more....you feel guilty as its only a tee bag!! and you never see a box!!

I lived in a dodgy area once...not for long I got out, no thanks to housing people I was 18 so they dumped me in a dump!!
    so I know the games,tricks and excuses far to well as I ghave had all sorts living near me and I do realy feel sorry for op as its there is nothing worse than not wanting to open your own front door....and it does get like this as like op it is hard to say (beep) off!!! as no is far to nice :>)

not having a go Anichka54 as I luv you really as you were one of the 1st to help me, but I know personaly what hell it can be.

sorry for going on....going now xx
    I know what you mean but you just have to be ready for the excuses, if they say, 'i'll pay you next week', you just say something like 'well what happened to the money you got this week/last week, you made no attempt to pay then, if it was just the odd tea bag or fag i wouldn't mind but you constantly ask for things & have never offered anything in return' the trick is not to sound apologetic or guilty, just firm & fair.

People like that will keep on asking until they know that when you say no, you mean it.

I'm all for helping people whenever i can but not if they are not trying to help themselves, if they go through life always expecting others to fund their lifestyle then it's definitely time to say no more & mean it. They won't stop asking for things, they'll just stop asking the person that says no.

Don't worry, i know you're not having a go
    We all add our replies as we see the situation, i prefer to be straightforward & have found that it works in situations like this.
    Back down once after saying no & you've blown it but be consistent & they will go away, honest. It might take a few times of refusing but they'll soon realise that they'll get their freebies a lot quicker if they pester someone else.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

View onlinegifts's Feedback (+501)
    All-About onlinegifts
    View onlinegifts's Listings
    Forum Posts

yes Anichka54, you are proberly right I was sweet 18 when I was in the same position, gladly I have good neighbours now and its me who asks!! fora cup of sugar but I do pay it back as we oftern go around for a beer etc and do not need to bring a bottle!! as we take turns to who buys :>)

I did note not to take offence as I know some people who are easly offended!! and I do talk straight but don't mean to be nasty....if you know what I mean. lol

anyway off to bed as my eyes are almost closed.

Anichka54 I will be listing 18-24mths girls items soon if your still intrested as my little angel is 2 next month

did you know you were my first ever ebid buyer...your special :>) and a big thank you as you helped convert me to ebid!! now I am a addict...can't stop listing lol

night night
    BIG SALE now on in my Bargain Shop

http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...tle-girls-Shop

Usborne books at home Mummy says its only 5.00 to join till 9th March.
    PM me for details xxx

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by emma5721 View Post
    husband told neighbour to fk off basically

he was round today saying sorry got no money cant stick my lekky on -can you lend me a fiver

lend us and will pay you back tomorrow

hubby said sorry im skint

hes round every other day bumming fags, tea, this and that and woing his predicament
    had enough! see him walking over at window and knocking

HAD ENOUGH OF GIVING TO PEOPLE who only just take and never give back!!!

so why do i still feel scared of opening the door to give him a fag and why do i feel i dont want to fkn answer the door...he can **** HIMSELF and i will be proud of the day when i actually say that to him lol

thing is he must have seen me coming home from tescos with 3 bags full of stuff....why the fk should i be made to feel guilty doing that cos he asked for money

FK EM ALL

what im asking is how you divorce your feelings of feeling sorry for them and realising they take the pee if they can andgrab where they can...they dont care even if you do...

still whenever he knocks on the door i feel scared to NOT answer -
    Em, are these the same ones that ROBBED YOU BLIND ???

How on earth do they manage to keep a roof over their head if they have to SCROUNGE for fags and a few quid here and there ?

My mum was dirt poor at times when we where kids but never once did she ask a neighbour for anything. No matter what. Neither would i , or a friend come to that. Once or twice i have had to get money off my dad or other member of the family, but only when things where real bad.

Im sorry but i have ZERO tollerance for people who smoke, drink,inject their money into themselves all week , leaving nothing to see their kids straight or enough to eat. So have to go BEGGING from others.

That doesnt mean i dont sympathise with their addictions i do.
    But we live in a society today where there is more FREE help for people who live their lives the WRONG way than those who try to do things RIGHT ( it starts in school , when a kid is bad they get special attention, after school clubs etc - Go on tv, get sent to boot camp etc ... to try and straighten them out ). The grow up a bit, break the law - go to a young offenders institution, where they can join a gym for free, play sports all day long, go on outward bound courses.

Where my kids have these things as school trips, the name may be different but the content is mostly the same except for one thing. Only the good kids can go and WE HAVE TO PAY FOR THEM.

RESULT = Be a complete tw** , f*** yourself and society up and the tax payers will pay for all kinds of activities for you in some vain attempt to make you toe the line.

Be a decent human being who tries their best to make it in life without leaning on people every step of the way and you will be the one paying for the other one.

AND THEY SAY CRIME DONT PAY ... Pull the other one , its got bells on!

Ooooops! sorry for the sermon ( but it is sunday )

in other words em : JUST SAY NO!
    save your GUILT for those that deserve it.

I have known scroungers to turn nasty if refused and told to eff off.
    Two cases spring to mind. One woman had her children beaten up by the scroungers kids, and dog excrement put through her letterbox. No proof it was him but he stood there laughing as she cleaned up the mess.
    The other had her car tyres slashed and paint remover splashed on the bonnet. The police said they had no proof it was him despite him being on the CCTV video. They did have a quiet word with him. In retalliation he lobbed stones over the fence while she was out, breaking glass in the conservatory and greenhouse. The police said there was no proof despite the fact the breakages were all facing his garden. Her house and car Insurance has gone up, and she can't even sell the house and move as she has to declare the problem with the neighbour. She asked for an Asbo but the police and council aren't interested as they say there is not enough proof. Oh, and she was told to reposition or remove the CCTV because it infringed her neighbours privacy as it showed the corner of his garden, and that of the passers by on the pavement. If she didn't comply she could be prosecuted.
    A lie with a smile worked for me with no retaliation.

Quote Originally Posted by fairywishes View Post

How on earth do they manage to keep a roof over their head if they have to SCROUNGE for fags and a few quid here and there ?

My mum was dirt poor at times when we where kids but never once did she ask a neighbour for anything. No matter what. Neither would i , or a friend come to that. Once or twice i have had to get money off my dad or other member of the family, but only when things where real bad.

Im sorry but i have ZERO tollerance for people who smoke, drink,inject their money into themselves all week , leaving nothing to see their kids straight or enough to eat. So have to go BEGGING from others.

But we live in a society today where there is more FREE help for people who live their lives the WRONG way than those who try to do things RIGHT ( it starts in school , when a kid is bad they get special attention, after school clubs etc - Go on tv, get sent to boot camp etc ... to try and straighten them out ). The grow up a bit, break the law - go to a young offenders institution, where they can join a gym for free, play sports all day long, go on outward bound courses.

Where my kids have these things as school trips, the name may be different but the content is mostly the same except for one thing. Only the good kids can go and WE HAVE TO PAY FOR THEM.

RESULT = Be a complete tw** , f*** yourself and society up and the tax payers will pay for all kinds of activities for you in some vain attempt to make you toe the line.

Be a decent human being who tries their best to make it in life without leaning on people every step of the way and you will be the one paying for the other one.

I could not have said that better myself. How right you are. The BAD get EVERYTHING, & the GOOD get NOTHING!

Quote Originally Posted by fairywishes View Post

well said elaine!
    you can NEVER have too many pairs of shoes...

₪ ø lll ·o.

Happiness Is Like Strawberry Jam, You Can't Spread Even A Little Bit Of It, Without Getting Some On Yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by onlinegifts View Post
    yes Anichka54, you are proberly right I was sweet 18 when I was in the same position, gladly I have good neighbours now and its me who asks!! fora cup of sugar but I do pay it back as we oftern go around for a beer etc and do not need to bring a bottle!! as we take turns to who buys :>)

I did note not to take offence as I know some people who are easly offended!! and I do talk straight but don't mean to be nasty....if you know what I mean. lol

anyway off to bed as my eyes are almost closed.

Anichka54 I will be listing 18-24mths girls items soon if your still intrested as my little angel is 2 next month

did you know you were my first ever ebid buyer...your special :>) and a big thank you as you helped convert me to ebid!! now I am a addict...can't stop listing lol

night night
    I've also always been lucky enough to have good neighbours but i have known through friends the type of neighbours that Emma was talking about, my present neighbours sold their house about 2-3 months ago but the new people still haven't moved in yet.

It's so easy just to chat away on here as if you're talking to friends & sometimes i have noticed that people can take offence where none was intended, it's only when you read the reply that you realise that the person hasn't taken your comments in the way that you meant them or in the way that your friends would take them, so yes, i know what you mean.

I would be interested in the 18-24 month old clothes, maybe you could let me know through the 'plug your auctions' when you've listed them please.

It's nice to know that i was instrumental in getting you hooked on ebid, lol, thanks for your lovely comment.
    My brother got me hooked on the other side 5 years ago & about a year later i found ebid, i hardly ever use the other side now, i'm just so impressed with the way Admin involve their members in decision making & actually listen to & act on suggestions.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Thread Information