My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: ebid offer in ebay parcel

Default ebid offer in ebay parcel

Hi has anyone tried putting money off vouchers in ebay parcels they send out to give a discount if the come and buy from you on ebid.... if so did they work...

YES ... LOL

I did just that buttons.

Was about 6 months or so ago now, i sent out about 50 vouchers i printed up and on the back of business cards , 10 - 50% DISCOUNT on next B.I.N on ebid and i sold through 2 of them.

So whats that about 4% sucsess rate ? Better than a kick in the teeth, but nothing to go screaming about.

GOOD THREAD IDEA though cus i dont think anyone knew i did it, except those i sent to , obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by fairywishes View Post
    YES ... LOL

I did just that buttons.

Was about 6 months or so ago now, i sent out about 50 vouchers i printed up and on the back of business cards , 10 - 50% DISCOUNT on next B.I.N on ebid and i sold through 2 of them.

So whats that about 4% sucsess rate ? Better than a kick in the teeth, but nothing to go screaming about.

GOOD THREAD IDEA though cus i dont think anyone knew i did it, except those i sent to , obviously.
    Did the buyers stay with ebid or filter back to ebay ?
    Yes i know I am a pest

Wink

Well one was already here LMFAO ... So ok back down to 2% sucsess rate and i think they only ever bought off me and one or two others sooooooooooo errrrrrrrrrrrr mmmmmm 4% sucsess rate for me and an overall 0% sucsess rate for ebid LMAO .................. ill be over here >>>>>>>>>>>> lol

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've used vouchers and voucher codes here on EBID to generate repeat buyers- issued about 40 vouchers ( usually for 0.50p off) - of which 4 got cashed in

Default this seems to work sort of!

i have spent about 5 or 6 hours sending mails out to every buyer seller I have ever had from 2001 to today still about a 1000 more to go
    anyway done abot 400 so far and my listings have had about 50 veiwings where there were none so they are at least they are comming over to look.
    just a simple letter :

Jeff Randall AKA jeff-the-phone
    1 Linden Grove
    Rumney
    Cardiff
    CF3 4LQ

12/09/2006

Dear Valued Customer
    I hope you will not be offended by me sending this unsolicited email to bring to your attention that I have closed my eBay shop known as Telecom Surplus. [774 positive feedback score 99.9%]

Firstly I would like to thank everyone who over the years bought from me making the shop a great success, but sadly due to the excessive hike in eBay fees and the fact that shops are no longer listed in searches I have closed up with just a few ordinary listings on the regular auctions, but none of the smaller items and give away bargains from £0.99 to £3.00 as the added fees along with the high PayPal rates means I have to sell at an over inflated price, which is unacceptable.

However it’s not all bad news!
    I have just opened a new store on eBid http://uk.ebid.net/
    The free to list UK based and owned auction site which has seen a mass migration of sellers from eBay or FEEBAY- GREEDBAY as its now being tagged! We just need to get you buyers and sellers to see the site where you can still use PayPal, eBid has zero Listing, zero Reserve, zero Buy Now & zero Store subscription fees, zero Final Value fees (for gold users)
    Join the online auction revolution today.
    No nonsense rules and real people on hand to help really fast.
    Try it I know you will enjoy it

My new store?
    its here: http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Telecom-Surplus
    Thank you all
    Jeff Randall

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Glad to see this thread started. I did think I might do it myself but I'm new to these boards so I didn't know if it would be wanted (boring Ebayer's ranting etc.). Here is the advert that goes out with every one of my Ebay sales (still have a fair number). Anybody who wants to copy it, use it, adapt it for their own use, please feel free.

---

NAME xxxxx xxxxxxxxx B.Sc., M.Sc.,
    ADDRESS xxx xxxxxx xxxxx,
    xxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxx
    xxxxx, xxxxxxxx

Email: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

EBID Shop URL - http://uk.ebid.net/stores/DOCKERILLS
    Ebay Shop URL - http://stores.ebay.co.uk/DOCKERILLS

Dear Sir / Madam

Thank you for your custom. I’m very pleased that you’ve chosen to buy from my Ebay shop. I sincerely hope that the item enclosed meets your expectations. If there’s any problem please contact me immediately as I do operate a refund policy.

Important Information

·Much of my stock is moving off Ebay and onto Ebid!

·Like many thousands of fellow Ebay shop sellers, I’ve been seriously affected by Ebay’s recent massive fee increases. Many Ebay shops have closed, leading to a reduction in choice, others have had to increase prices.

·Like many other sellers my response has been to start to move items over to the British owned site Ebid. I just don’t want to pass the fee increases on to you the buyer!

I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to visit Ebid in the near future. Many sellers are adding thousands of items to this site at this very moment and as a result choice will expand rapidly in the run up to Christmas. If you type the URL (web address) given above into your browser it will take you straight to my Ebid shop. Obviously I’d be delighted if you take a look through my stuff but please do have a look around to see what other sellers have to offer too!

Regards

etc.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Mine's much shorter and less formal..

Ebay’s new pricing structure makes listing my complete range uneconomic so I shall be moving the bulk of my items to…

http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...Leaves-Silk-Co

The costs to the seller are lower there so I shall be reducing my prices to reflect that. I shall still sell on ebay but for the full range of colours try ebid
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View oddity667's Feedback (+50)
    All-About oddity667
    View oddity667's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't give out vouchers, as I never know what I'll be selling! They are a good idea for shops, and I do advertise Ebid on my emails to buyers with a link to the main site.
    It is good to hear that the advertising is continuing though.

Thread Information