Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really peeved at PPPay

Default Really peeved at PPPay

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I am so peed off by PPPay.

I won an auction, was advised to pay by escrow by Da Boyz (only £41) and it has ended costing me nearly £4.00 in charges.

They say they take a few pennies of your debit card -not being tight but £1.19 and £1.10 ain't exactly pennies -think it was 64p when paypal did the same arrangement.

Plus paypal credited the money back to my paypal account. PPPay have jsut emailed me and said I don't get this money back any where -not in my bank account or into my PPPay account!!!

They assure me this was shown (in red) but there was no indication anywhere that in was a non refundable charge!!!

AARGGGH.
    I feel better for getting that off my chest. But do not plan to use PPPay ever again if I can avoid it.

Jules
    :twisted:
    It could be that your purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Default Re: Really peeved at PPPay

I agree with you! pppay have cost me, I've only had one buyer pay through them, and because of thier charges, I've now made a loss on that item. Its on all my current auctions, but it won't be on any more of them! Even paypal wouldn't cost me that much. I refuse to charge buyers for the payment system they use, and I realise now why there are so many sellers here who only take cheques & postal orders, heading that way myself.

I was thinking of signing up, think I'll leave it now. Cheques have been good for me so I'll stick to them.
    Bart

Don't think you can beat Fastpay. Cheap for buyer, free for seller and they also refund the validation fee!
    And no poxy questions!!

Jules

I agree with united_road - they are also cheaper than nochex - who I've been using for awhile now

View melboy's Feedback (+257)
    All-About melboy
    View melboy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sounds bad news that...think I'll stick with FASTPAY,cheques,
    and P/Orders.

So pppay can go and ppp*** off. !!!

Some days you're the windscreen..others you're the fly.'ave it!

yes i think i will stay with fastpay as well, never had a problem with them, and they are really easy, and cheap to use

View lady_isilwen's Feedback (+448)
    All-About lady_isilwen
    View lady_isilwen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by united_road
    Don't think you can beat Fastpay. Cheap for buyer, free for seller and they also refund the validation fee!
    And no poxy questions!!

Jules
    definitely agree, I am seriously in love with Fastpay. Especially since I discovered that although they say it doesn't work with Macs, it actually does, at least using OSX 10.2 and Safari.

Thats really usweful to know as well.

So has anyone had a decent experience of PPpay yet?

Jules

View slinkyri's Feedback (+2931)
    All-About slinkyri
    View slinkyri's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi everyone.... I'm a terrible lurker tending to just sit here reading and enjoying..... then all of a sudden this thread started and I'm so grateful...

I signed up with Paypal, Nochex and Fastpay and tend to agree with most of the other ppl on here with regard to them all but I had never heard a dicky bird about PPPay and just had never got round to looking at yet another online payment system - this thread has really helped me no end.

Thanks everyone - saved me even bothering to read the bumph!

Ri :lol: :lol:

Thread Information