Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Can not upgrade my PPPay A/C to Silver, FAIL IP Check!

Unhappy Can not upgrade my PPPay A/C to Silver, FAIL IP Check!

Back in June I registered with eBid as I'm fed up with selling on eBay (silly fees) and I also registered for a PPPay.com account as I believe you must have a Silver PPPay status before you can sell on eBid.

However, everytime I try and validate my Visa Debit card I am told that my card passes the Validity checks but then fails when trying to debit an amount from it, stating that my IP address does not match my issuing bank.

I am based in Lytham St Annes, Lancashire and my business bank account is with Bank Of Scotland, 600 Gorgie Rd, Edinburgh, EH11 3XP.

As far as I can tell, as long as both myself and my bank are within the UK my IP address etc. should match but for some reason the PPPay security system seems to have a problem with my details.

I have tried using a friends Internet connection (BT Broadband) in case it was something to do with my Wanadoo / Orange (French owned) ISP but I get the same error message on their PC too.

I did contact PPPay back in June and was told they would look into the problem but 2 months down the line I'm still waiting and get no reply to emails I send them. I still can't upgrade my account to Silver status to start selling

In less than 20 days, eBay will issue their new ridiculous fees and I'm desperate to get off their system!!

Please... someone help me!! I would be tearing my hair out if I had any left!!

Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View nysablaze's Feedback (+48)
    All-About nysablaze
    View nysablaze's Listings
    Forum Posts

I sell here and I don't have a PPPay account, it's your eBid account that must be silver or gold to sell.
    Check out my auctions at:

for excellent gifts,
    and
    Nysa's Notions Jewellery
    for gemstone, sterling silver, pewter and glass jewellery

or my alter ego, phoenysa,
    Phoenysa's Stitchy Bits - for cross stitch magazines, kits and bits
    Phoenysa's Books & Bits - for pre-owned books for adults and children

Thanks m8, I had seen other people not using PPPay and selling and had wondered how they were doing it! Guess that's what comes from being a Newbie on eBid Got a bit confused like some others over the PPPay Silver upgrade and eBid Silver upgrade.

I'm upgraded now for eBid at least, still not much luck with PPPay their people say :
    [Quote]
    Hi,

It seems your current location is not in the same country as the issuer of your credit or debit card. For this reason PPPay will not be able to process your card. Security is of upmost importance and every aspect of our security setup is there for a reason. You might wish to contact your ISP and ask them why your IP address is not matching your Country location and see if they can assist.

Our apologies if this causes you any inconvenience.

Let us know if we can be of anymore assistance.
    [Quote]

I thought the PPPay system was supposed to be for the UK not specific countries within the UK (England, Scotland, Wales etc.)

I don't fancy travelling to Scotland just to get my IP to match that of the issuing bank of my debit card (Bank Of Scotland) so I guess I'll be taking PayPal payments damn... more money going to the dark side!

Thanks for your reply though m8, happy selling!!

All-About brassedoff
    View brassedoff's Listings
    Forum Posts

That’s an automated response, I would send an email to support@PPPay.com I'm sure they want your custom

[QUOTE=oneswapinc;382813]Thanks m8, I had seen other people not using PPPay and selling and had wondered how they were doing it! Guess that's what comes from being a Newbie on eBid Got a bit confused like some others over the PPPay Silver upgrade and eBid Silver upgrade.

I'm upgraded now for eBid at least, still not much luck with PPPay their people say :
    [Quote]
    Hi,

It seems your current location is not in the same country as the issuer of your credit or debit card. For this reason PPPay will not be able to process your card. Security is of upmost importance and every aspect of our security setup is there for a reason. You might wish to contact your ISP and ask them why your IP address is not matching your Country location and see if they can assist.

I thought the PPPay system was supposed to be for the UK not specific countries within the UK (England, Scotland, Wales etc.)

I don't fancy travelling to Scotland just to get my IP to match that of the issuing bank of my debit card (Bank Of Scotland) so I guess I'll be taking PayPal payments damn... more money going to the dark side!

Hi, welcome.
    If you don't want paypal or pppay, (i don't use either) you could have people pay by cheque, postal order, or for speedy payment, paid straight into your bank account.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

[quote=oneswapinc;382813]Thanks m8, I had seen other people not using PPPay and selling and had wondered how they were doing it! Guess that's what comes from being a Newbie on eBid Got a bit confused like some others over the PPPay Silver upgrade and eBid Silver upgrade.

[quote]
    Hi,

Hi I bank with RBS and havent had a problem updating on pppay so it must be a glitch. I live in Wales by the way

pls pls pls can any 1 help im new to ebid as im sick of ebay i want to sell a few things ive tried to upgrade to silver but it always rejects my card do i need to pay 4 sliver as theres no money in at the moument is that why my card is unssucssefull help

Quote Originally Posted by neenyweeny View Post
    pls pls pls can any 1 help im new to ebid as im sick of ebay i want to sell a few things ive tried to upgrade to silver but it always rejects my card do i need to pay 4 sliver as theres no money in at the moument is that why my card is unssucssefull help
    Hi, i replied to you on the other thread, email support@ebid.tv

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Thread Information