Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A Thread for New Businesses

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

Nicola, your text does not contain enough of the right keywords. I know they are there as metatags but you need them in text. That text needs to be as near top left of the page as possible as google takes more notice of text than meta-tags.

Your pictures need alt text, both for google and to comply with disability access laws (not enforced much yet but they will be)

These are just very quick comments based on viewing your home page
    Madelaine

I have two ebid stores. This is for Cats Protection;Lots of beanies, fast food toys, random collectables, some new children's clothes - almost anything really.
    this is business and sells skeleton leaves, Thai silk, various vintage postcards, more random collectables
    Both sell discontinued china tableware.

Wink

* B U M P *
    For all those TAX DODGERS and the like ...

You know what you gotta do!

WHY should WE have to pay if you dont ?

( To the dss woman ) ... you would have a field day on here and ebay i recon. LMAO

( Sorry peeps, pi**ed off with me having to pay for everybloodything , leaving us skint, when others dont ) GRRRR!

* Gonna keep BUMPING this *

BUMP? Wish I was making enough to pay tax..... lol.... still it is early days for Tottyz. BUT have to say I agree wiv Soapy and Fairies......... Gordon Brown HAS HEARD of EBAY NOW and I am sure he knows of Ebid, Amazon....... etc.

BTW gon on y'self SOAPY was reading your thread about being S. MUM etc.... I was a S MUM for years, it is b****y hard work, I wish I had discoverd ebay all those yrs ago. I met hubby in 1999 and were cool, but had the main of the 90's on my owm wiv my daughter.... tough enuff wiv 1. BUT 4 ???? RESPECT TO YOU. My buddy has 4 under 5 yrs old and thats a laugh........ little buggers. So I have upmost respect and will be buying soap regular! Peeps like you deserve a break.. S**** Soz if I sound patronizing.... not meaning too, just feel it and say it. SHAZ x

Aww, Shaz, don't sweat it- I get called all sorts of names when I go out with them all LOL

I have a 5 y o, a 3 yo, a 2 yo and a 9 month old (I've put pics up on the plug your auctions bit- Quick, Grab a bargain thread- admin, the bargain had finished now so I'm not plugging anything except the sheer beauty of my babies LOL). Yup they are little beggars but I love them to bits and I wouldn't be without them :-)

BTW did you know that if you make a loss in the first year you can offset it against the next years tax return? Very handy to know...

The Soap Dragon xxx

Quote Originally Posted by thesoapycauldron View Post
    Aww, Shaz, don't sweat it- I get called all sorts of names when I go out with them all LOL

I have a 5 y o, a 3 yo, a 2 yo and a 9 month old (I've put pics up on the plug your auctions bit- Quick, Grab a bargain thread- admin, the bargain had finished now so I'm not plugging anything except the sheer beauty of my babies LOL). Yup they are little beggars but I love them to bits and I wouldn't be without them :-)

BTW did you know that if you make a loss in the first year you can offset it against the next years tax return? Very handy to know...

The Soap Dragon xxx
    Ooh SAM now you complicate things... I have just started out, Ebay F me about, I register with IR and apply for NI exemption.... brain hurts already, lol X BUT Any hints, tips, R more than welcome........

and BTW I will be checkin out your bubbas......... will be adding som piccys of mine, I have a14yr old, 5 yr old and a very nearly 3 yr old (19 aug)............

My 5 year old has ADDH and is a real handful, need to ebid to pay for is MoreEPA........... lol x

My neighbour has a son with ADHD, she uses Hemp oils (omega 3 6 + 9) along with eveything else her doc prescribes- she said it's making a difference to his concentration, but I won't be surprised if you'v tried it already LOL

More tips- You can claim a certain amount of utility bills as business expenses as well as Broadband rental, a good accountant will help you work out exact amounts.

My naughty little house pixie is 2 on the 9th, it's gone so quickly!!

The Soap Dragon xxx

Augh.....Hi sam, soz, keep jumping around from thread to thread, forget where I post to lol, You have a baby leo too then! Happy birthday for the 9th baby soapy!
    My last little monster is three on the 19th........

My son with ADHD is on 'MoreEPA' omega 3+6 with xtraEPA and other stuff, have always avoided the docs, but think he may need xtra help!

I have put my broad band down as an expense..... I guess a % of electricity, phone could be included. I have had PC for donks.... do I sell it to the business from Home and class it as an expense?

Hmm, thats not fun. Best of luck whatever you decide *hugs*

That's an interesting point, I will try to find out about that- bear in mind that if you can, you will only be able to claim the current market value and not the original price...

Anyway, I still have to finish the accounts for july, I have it all there, I just have to add and subtract it all to see the results!!

The Soap Dragon xxx

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Our computers were both bought by my husband's business (just about to wind it up as he is a wage slave again now).
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thread Information