Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kneeling/ergonomic Chairs ??

Default Kneeling/ergonomic Chairs ??

Does anyone have one? And what do you reckon to it? Does it actually help with posture or does it just knacker up your knees?

I like the idea, fancied one for ages, birthday soonish and I quite fancy adding that to my wish list (as the 5 carat bagette diamonds are probably aiming a bit high this year)

MY EBID SHOP
    Is full of good stuff !

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

I can't bear to use anything else at the computer or my knitting machine, Mel. I hate the version on wheels - myhusband has one of those. I use a different one

http://www.backcentre.co.uk/index1.htm

The well-back kneeling chair - though I have one of the Stokke folding ones shown on the same page (bought cheaply from the dark side)
    Madelaine

I have two ebid stores. This is for Cats Protection;Lots of beanies, fast food toys, random collectables, some new children's clothes - almost anything really.
    this is business and sells skeleton leaves, Thai silk, various vintage postcards, more random collectables
    Both sell discontinued china tableware.

Cheers me dear... I have had a look at reviews online, but it's good to get a REAL review (if you know what I mean) from an impartial user... was looking at ones on Ebay, you can get them for £50 inc shipping. I rather like the look of the balans ones (look like a rocking chair) but they are lots more money
    MY EBID SHOP
    Is full of good stuff !

Was looking at a cheap and cheerful one:-

Kneeling chair on feebay

Can't find a rocking chair one (and I'm not paying 400 quid for one - unless I win the lottery, then I might)
    MY EBID SHOP
    Is full of good stuff !

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

The Balans chair is great - we have 3 - but they did cost a fortune, except the one I bough on feepay - brand new but it was too big for the bloke's flat.

The kneeling chair you show there would be fine but not for all day - but switching between it and a normal chair is very good for your back. If you buy it, you can't just use it all day from the start as your back muscles will need to strengthen gradually.

My husband's physio made his employer buy him one and pay for it!
    Madelaine

I have two ebid stores. This is for Cats Protection;Lots of beanies, fast food toys, random collectables, some new children's clothes - almost anything really.
    this is business and sells skeleton leaves, Thai silk, various vintage postcards, more random collectables

thanks Madeleine... apparently Staples sell the ones with castors on, so I will go and do some investigating later this week. I have found a stokke one on Ebay (rocking chair type) but it's a collection only from Essex... got a few days before it ends though, so see how it goes at Staples.
    MY EBID SHOP
    Is full of good stuff !

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

Do not underestimate the size of the Balans - it doesn't rock btw - there are steps - it goes into 4 positions.
    Madelaine

the balans one does seem a heck of a lot bigger... looks like a nice bit of furniture actually, BUT I am limited on space as hubby and I are back to back in this room and we already have a battle of the typing chairs Especially if I leave a jumper or whatever on the back of my chair and swing around (whacks him in the head, it's great fun) lol !! SO I am sure he is looking forward to me having a chair I can't use as a clothes horse
    MY EBID SHOP
    Is full of good stuff !

coooooooooooooooooooool - hubby snuck off this morning to get me one from Staples - sitting on it now - it's FAB
    MY EBID SHOP
    Is full of good stuff !

Forum Diehard
    All-About mfkirke
    View mfkirke's Listings
    Forum Posts

Be careful he doesn't start to pinch it!
    Madelaine

Thread Information